Chapter 12 Reality check

"We're getting close to the gate." 035 said. "I'd assume around 10 more minutes until we get there."

"Okay."

"Well, if we don't run into anything or anyo--"

"Stop!!"

"...Really?"

You both turned around to a MTF squad.

"Hands in the air!"

Well, before you could even raise your hands, a tendril quickly bursted out of the ground and swiped at all of the squad, causing them all to fall.

035 grabbed your hand and quickly started running.

Several screams came from behind you as well as some gunshots. Thank the lord that none of them hit you, nor your papa.

035 turned around quickly and shut the door. You both were in a hallway.

"I have a idea. Come here."

He picked you up. Then a tendril wrapped around him and lifted him into the air, and held you both at the ceiling in the corner.

"Jeez you're heavy." He commented as you giggled.

Then you both went silent when you heard footsteps.

"--spotted SCP-035 somewhere in entrance zone and SCP-035-2. Keep a look out."

You're referred as SCP-035-2 now?

Several armed people walked into the room and went straight to the next.

"Alright. I think they're all gone. You can let me down now."

The tendril slowly let you both down back on solid ground.

You let out a breath. "Yay! Now we ca--"

A gunshot.

You froze on the spot as a tendril quickly appeared and crushed the silent cadet that was behind you, killing him instantly.

You felt... cold. "Papa?" You turned around.

"Y/n! Are you alright??" 035 quickly rushed up to you and crouched down.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. What did he...?"

"That doesnt matter. What matters is that you're alright."

You leg felt numb.

A dripping sound filled the room.

You blinked, before slowly looking down.

035's shouts to get you attention failed as you noticed it.

You were shot in the leg.

Then the pain set in.

You stared at it in complete disbelief before stumbling backwards towards the wall. 035 caught you before you crashed into it head first, and sat you down.

You breathed heavily. But suprisingly, you didn't cry out. No groans of pain or anything. But tears did fall from your eyes.

".../n! Y/n, darling! Stay with me!"

You blinked as you snapped back into reality. "Papa..."

"Don't move! I'll... I'll solve this."

035 was close to putting a hand on the wound, before...

"Oh my. Quite the perdicument here, hm?"

Both of you turned your heads. "049!!" 035 said in disbelief. "What perfect timing!"