29. OUTRUNNING KARMA

A/n: I'm very sorry for the unexpected long break. For those who might wonder why I didn't post for a while. For some time my own immune system became a pain in the ass and now my joints hurt whenever I move too much, or when I sit still for too long. Which isn't really great whenever I want to write or draw.

Now I have to do physical therapy and the hot water bottle became my best friend. I still have to go to doctor appointments since they need to figure out which rheumatic diseases I caught myself. So that takes too a lot of my free time away.

I will still post there and in my other book (even though I need to figure out how to draw without getting pain on my knuckles, hip and knee). The chapter comes irregular. Maybe once or twice a month. Might be better in the future depending on how my body responds after the trainings. Again I'm really sorry that it came to this.

But enough of me talking. Now let's continue the story.

Japan squinted his eyes as he stares at the rewritten report on his screen. It's nearly finished. Yet he encountered a new obstacle that he didn't think before.

If he writes Kazakhstan's death as a suicide, then where is the weapon?

It's obvious that he died from a bullet. So there has to be a gun near the victim. Japan tries to create many different explanations of the gun's whereabouts.

Stealing wouldn't fit since then he has to explain why he thinks it's suicide and not murder.

The weapon accidentally fallen into a sinkhole doesn't work either because he could've easily retrieve it.

Suddenly pulverized in tini tiny atoms sounds absurd too.

Japan huffed annoyed. The only solution that makes sense would to get a gun and place it as an evidence. The bullet that went through Kazakhstan's skull was a 7.62 mm Nagant. To Japan's knowledge this type of bullet is only used on Nagant M1895 Revolver.

The hours long lecture about firearms, enforced by his mother, finally pays of. Yet he still has trouble with acquiring this typ of revolver and make it look like Kazakhstan owned it. His fingerprints has to be on the weapon. And to get those fingerprints Japan has to let his hand touch the weapon.

The thought alone made him shudder. No way Japan would even consider to touch the dead cold hands. He has to think a different way. Something that doesn't involve a corpse.

A knock on the door alarmed the detective. Quickly he closed the open document before the door opens.

Namibia entered the room with a red document file under her arm. "Hey Ger-" She stopped when she noticed Germany's empty seat. Her eyes traveled over to Japan who sat behind his computer, acting as if he was normal working.

"Have you seen Germany?" Namibia asked with a less happy tone in her voice. For a while Japan noticed how Namibia keeps her distance from him. It doesn't bother him, but sometimes he wonder what caused it since they never really knew each other.

Pretending to be bored Japan briefly answered, "She left today early to pick up her brother from the hospital."

For a second Namibia looks confused before she remembers. "Oh right. I completely forgot. She mentioned that before. Welp, looks like I need to wait until Monday."

She was about to leave the office, but to her surprise Japan suddenly asked, "For what reason do you need Germany?"

Namibia stood frozen in front of the door. Suddenly being on guard she's looking over her shoulder and questioned him, "Why do you want to know?"