21. SOVIEt TRUMPETER

So! This time the chapter is ready to be read.

Sorry for the false notification a couple of days ago. Now I've changed my phone password and always make sure to log out from my account before leaving.

And I found out that my cousin is also using wattpad. Good to know that I am not the only disappointment in my family👍

Lithuania slowly and carefully sat down on the edge of his bed. He hold his side to prevent more pain coming from his wound. They're lucky enough to find a cheap motel for the night. The owner San Marino was surprisingly nice. Croatia surely didn't exaggerate about how friendly she is and the old lady even offered a medical kit for Lithuania after she noticed his bloody shirt with the hole.

The room itself was small guestroom and has only two bed, tiny bathroom, table two chairs and a wardrobe. Just furnished enough for basic needs, but for this it's at least nicely decorated. Without a doubt it's for the two brothers hundred times better than staying outside in the cold during the night.

Lithuania turned his head towards Poland. He's standing by the window, looking through the gaps of the rolled down blinds.  "So what now?" Lithuania asked him.

Not looking away from the window Poland mumbled, "Tomorrow right in the morning we will try to find for you a hiding spot outside the city. Being in the city is still too dangerous. It's only matter of time until the psychopath will find us again."

Lithuania nodded approving while listening, but then he noticed a small, important detail. "Hold on." He interrupted Poland. "What about you?"

"I'll stay." Poland simply answered.

"Are you retarded again!?" Lithuania responded baffled. Completely ignoring his language, he complained, "Why the hell are you not leaving the city with me? This guy will try to kill you too."

Poland get frustrated at his brother's stupid comment, but he's trying his best to stay calm, "I can't leave my friends behind. Especially not now when Soviet probably knows that I'm still alive. She might try to harm Hungary just to get me."

Lithuania kept staring flabbergasted at his brother. He didn't understood even a bit why Poland would decide anybody over his own savety. Through gritted teeth Lithuania struggled to speak with a calm tone, "Are you kidding me? It's not worth to risk your life for something stupid like this."

"It is." Poland finally faced Lithuania with a stern look on his face. "And why should I even listen to you. You let your friends die."

Lithuania flinched. He tightly clenched his hands, pressing them against his legs. Instead of reflecting with any insults, Lithuania, to both brothers surprise, hold his mouth shut.

Soon he dared to look up and stares directly to Poland's eyes with a hateful glare. It was the only thing he could do as any further action would only escalate into a fight again.

"I'm trying to help you. I made a mistake and because of that all my friends are dead. You have at least a chance to prevent something similar from happening to you."

Poland couldn't hold against Lithuania's stare and turned his head towards the window. Starring outside the rainy street he commented, "There won't be any mistakes. My situation is different from yours." A slight hesitation was heard in his voice.

Lithuania let out a heavy breath. He didn't consider hiding his disappointment. For him it's a sick joke about how naive Poland behaves.

"Have you forgotten who your are? Who we are? Everytime when something good happens to us, either we or someone else will destroy it. We never deserved happiness. I'm not going to say how you should live your life, but remember that every good thing has an end. There is always an end."