Chapter Thirty Five

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Love, love, love.

What a funny feeling.

There are different kinds of love, there's falling in love, being in love, or the kind of love you hold for family and friends—or for your ginger cat.

I feel like personally, I have felt all three.

Falling in love comes slowly. It's the descending kind of agony, the unnoticed sensation of your heart racing a million times faster just hearing your beloved's name—or even inhaling a whiff of their signature scent, which instantly serves to remind you of them.

It is the unknown mind control of thinking about the person when you wouldn't want to. It's the forbidden dreams you wish to become reality. The concepts and delusional imageries before sleeping that you think—oh, wouldn't it be nice to have you in my arms before falling asleep.

But falling in love isn't really falling if you don't realise that you have fallen already.

Once you know, that is when you are in love.

Being in love is what comes next—having them beside you, recreating those forbidden dreams and all of those scenarios you wished to come true. It's finding your way through the dark, only to come into the light when you see them.

It's when they see you, and think, you're my light, as much as I am yours.

Being in love is realising all of you, body and soul, belong half to them. Because every heartbeat that beats twice as fast once your gaze is set on theirs—or when your palms get cold from missing the warmth and touch of theirs, you realise you are in love.

You have fallen.

And it seems that Silver Ceraso, a man I wasn't looking for but unreliably had caught the attention of, was now mine to love. He was mine.

All mine.

This very early morning felt like my whole night never existed. Silver and I were up looking at the stars, talking and murmuring the sweetest nothings all until the sun of an early Friday morning appeared.

Silver dropped me back to my home, walking me all the way to my bedroom before wishing me goodnight with a long, passionate kiss that only had me panting behind a closed door, yearning for him to tread back inside the darkness and take me into his strong arms.

Although, at one stage, we'd have to part ways.

After a long, hot shower, I made my way back to my bed and slept the entire day. The reminder of having classes this Friday didn't strike my mind, and neither did the idea of having to feed Butterscotch.

As soon as I woke up—which had been a late afternoon—I padded down the staircase in a hurry, the cold floors wakening my body further and I started to call out to the cat I called my soulmate.