Chapter Twenty Four

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Isn't it incredible how big the world is? You can look up at the sky, observe the partial white clouds floating and passing through the wind, flinching away from the bright ball of fire in the sky—and then, everything else is just...blue.

Us humans are like ants. So, so tiny amongst the world around us. And yet, the earth is an ant itself amongst the universe.

Hayden had once said that it scares him. Nothing scares that boy, but when talking about how we were these living beings floating in a wide void of nothing, he seemed frightened.

Yes, it was somewhat frightening but it was beautiful.

So, so beautiful.

Today was a beautiful sunny day. A light breeze to keep the warming sun at bay. Clear blue sky with specks of clouds here and there. It was pretty.

And unfortunately, I'd be spending this day indoors at school.

Great.

I was up early this morning, it was one of those mornings where as soon your eyes open your mind was racing. It was thinking and thinking and thinking, it just kept me awake.

The good side of it was that it had me rising to my feet, ready to start another boring day.

My fit was not as appealing, but it was more on the comfy side of things. I was dressed in white leggings, a lacy pink tank top, and a matching pink sweatshirt. My shoes were casual white Air Forces, and I wore my hair in a low ponytail with strands of hair falling on the sides of my face.

I eventually left my room and went downstairs to feed Butterscotch, wishing him a wonderful day, before waiting on Hayden outside.

My parents left for work early this morning; I saw them briefly when Silver dropped me off at home yesterday, but they were gone for the rest of the day and night. They've been preoccupied with the new arrangements with the Ceraso's, particularly with the company chains they carry around New York.

As for me, I'm mostly focused on my studies—particularly with Silver. He consumes the majority of my thoughts, and with this whole 'study buddy' thing, I was certain I wouldn't be able to focus until he taught me how.

I guess only time will tell.

The honking of a car jolts me out of my mini world; Hayden's black jeep was stopped in front of me, his window rolled down and his eyes dubious.

"I know it's early but why are you stuck in your head this early in the morning."

"Hush," I silenced him by flicking his weary gaze away from me as I entered the other side of the car.

He takes off as soon as I shut the door and starts making his way onto the roads.

"How are you this bright and early morning, Pooh Bear?" He pats my thigh in greeting.