Chapter One

sn: If you skipped the prologue, I do recommend you read it for context

♡♡♡

The evening was near, bringing reminders to all members of the household that they were due to leave soon.

If there was one thing I hated most in this world, it would be the incredibly insignificant display of timing. Being late to events or classes, or even just to dinner drove me mad.

Butterscotch sat on my lap, his whiskers tickled my thigh and I nearly yelped out a giggle from the touch.

Butterscotch was my cat, I've had him for four years now and he still never fails to amaze me.

He was a ginger cat, hence why I called him Butterscotch, the colour was a replica of him.

Heels clicked and clanked against the marble floor, echoing throughout the house, knowing it could only be my Mamma.

Standing from the couch, I fixed my dress, pulling it back down my thighs, passing my calves. It was a deep violet colour, satin fabric too. It was the type of dress that hugged your curves and exposed a little of my breasts. Well, I tried to cover as little as possible.

My body was nice. I had fuller breasts, a bit too full for my liking. My waist was slim but I had hip dips and curves. My thighs were quite strong too, not thin but not too thick.

Once when I was in high school, a boy had said that both of my thighs touched, he said that I should have a gap between them.

I've never been violent, never. But as a fourteen-year-old girl, I smacked him across the face and called my mother to come to pick me up, being in tears.

Let's just say that the insecure boy isn't going far in life now.

But I'm not insecure, if anything, that day made me realise how beautiful I was.

Mamma said I was unique, my body was beautiful in every way and no matter whether my thighs touched or if they had a gap, I would be considered as beautiful as the rest.

From that day on, she's never gone a day without reminding me of who I am or how beautiful I was.

And I have never loved her more.

Her features come into sight as she rounds the corner. Her noir hair was cut just to her shoulder blades, pin-straight but elegantly placed together. Full lips glossed in strawberry pink, warm grey eyes that matched my own suddenly travelled over my body.

"You look so beautiful, Serene."

I looked down at the heels I could just walk in. Mamma taught me how to walk in heels; it took me a long time, maybe weeks, just to figure out how to walk in them without tripping or bending my knees.