Chapter Two

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Standing at the very top of the staircase were five royalty-looking individuals.

The woman with the microphone was easily masked as pure beauty. She looked to be a little older than my mother, but still aged quite delicately.

Her skin was golden, and her dark red hair was draped in soft curls that reached below her neck. She had eyes that are as blue as the Caribbean Sea and a classic million-dollar smile.

"Welcome everybody, thank you for joining us tonight." The room erupted full of claps and jostles, the sound echoing through the thick walls.

"That's Isabella Ceraso, the wife, the aunt, and of course, the mother." Davina whispered above my ear, allowing my gaze to linger over the woman who stood like royalty.

"My husband and I want to thank you for your warm welcome. We are both pleasantly pleased to be aligned with you all. And we do hope our families can work together in unities."

Slowly, my gaze travelled over to the man who held the woman's waist.

Hair that resembled the colour raven was slicked back against his receding hairline. Eyebrows that were just as dark and thick, naturally arched into a scowl. His facial structure was strong, and he had a dark beard that he sculpted perfectly on the lower half of his face.

He was certainly attractive for his age. The combination of his black suit and his wife's royal-blue gown, which hugged her figure that clung to his side, made them look like aristocracy.

But then my gaze went over to my parents. Mamma had her head tilted slightly back against my father's chest. Her hair was back over her shoulders, her eyes glimmering up at him.

Papà's hair was styled without gel but tamed with curls. Loving eyes down at his wife, expression only expressionless.

They were an ultimate power couple.

"We do have a quick announcement to make as all of you are gathered here." Isabella's husky voice allows all eyes to travel to her, the change in her tone appealing to all ears.

"Besides her is the previous Capo, Alejandro Ceraso."

My eyes widened as I heard my Uncle's words. No wonder why he seems so intense and dominating. He practically screamed, "kneel and praise me".

"We are more than proud to formally confirm that our son has taken over the Capo position for this Mafia. Tonight, we honour his leadership."

Claps and whispers, smiles and smirks could be observed from around the room. But, as I observed, everyone's attention was drawn to the individuals behind the royalty-like couple.

Behind Alejandro—the former Capo—stood a man. His arms were behind his back, his eyes were brown and deceiving, and his hair was a deep red colour, just like Isabella's.