Reunited at Last

Soldiers were bringing Jorge out through the corridors. They would kill him in the underground garages, out of sight where no one important to WICKED's operations would notice them. They walked with their blacked-eyed prisoner through a steel tunnel. Jorge fell to his knees. Eyes dropped. 

"Hey!" one of the soldiers ordered. "Up!" The shut-eyed Jorge didn't move. He growled and bent down, grabbing his cheek. "I said move!"

He was met with a punch to the face. His gun was grabbed and before the other soldiers could react, they were electrocuted out cold. Jorge stood up, smirking. 

...................................................................................................................

Thomas was rolled into the doctor's lounge, all the doctors at machines. 

"You sure we're doing this to him again?" one asked. "This could kill him,"

"We have our orders," the way that the other doctor spoke back stubbornly made Thomas's hatred for Ava grew. No matter how much it seemed she still had a soft spot for him, he would always see her as the monster who had tormented him and his brother their whole lives. 

...................................................................................................................

The guards outside on the prison level glanced eerily at the cameras. They noticed they were buzzing, flashing on and off. They could just see quick glimpses of people heading down the corridor towards them. One of them took a gun and walked over to the main door. It opened slowly. He raised the barrel of his weapon. An electric bullet struck him in the chest and he was knocked down. Before the other guards could react, more bullets came flying at them. They were knocked out cold. 

Edward, Teresa and his allies entered the prison level. They walked towards the cells. Forcing Teresa, she sat at the computer and engaged the locking system of the doors. Edward stood at one of the doors, desperate to see his brother's face behind one of them. The first one opened. Six kids were inside. Scared. He pushed his mask off. "It's okay," he said. "We're here to get you out," One of them was brave enough to come forward. "That's it. You're okay now. Everything's going to be all right," 

The kids followed after him, grouping together. He watched Minho and Frypan take the rest out. Gally was at another pair of steel doors, the vault containing all the serum WICKED had kept from all the kids they had harvested at their desert facilities. He watched desperately for Thomas to appear but he saw no brother. Minho glanced worriedly at him. "He's not here. And Jorge and Hans aren't here either," 

Edward marched on Teresa. "Where are they?" Teresa sat at the computers again, typing in Subject A2. Thomas's profile picture appeared. Then his tracker. 

"That's the hospital wing. That's on the other side of the building," 

"And what about the men?"

"I don't know," The group glared coldly at Teresa. "I swear I don't know. But we can find out from Ava's office. It's right near the lab," 

Edward pulled her up. "You're gonna take me there. Guys, get the kids to Brenda and Chuck. If I'm not there on time, leave without me," 

"No Ed. You're not going alone," disagreed Minho. 

"He's right. I'm going with you," Amelia voted. 

"No. I'll do it," her boyfriend argued. 

"You don't have to do that," Edward supported his decision. 

"I do," she said. By the desperation on her face, Edward's mind jumped back to the day she held that same face when she was in the Maze, desperate to escape from certain death. "You and Thomas risked your lives to get me out of the maze even though you both got caught. It's time I returned that favour by helping you save him,"