Sneaking into the City

Edward cringed as he rubbed his head. Brenda flopped against him with a big bruise on her face and Chuck's head was on his lap. He twisted his head and saw Hans growling in pain on his back. Amelia was lounging over Minho's stomach. Frypan has Harriet, Sonya and Aris piled on top of him. "Is...is everyone okay?" 

Chuck mumbled a bit until he was helped up. Brenda groaned painfully sitting up. "You okay?" Ed asked her. 

She nodded, too breathless from the impact to speak. 

Loud footsteps thumped outside. Ed turned and saw WICKED soldiers pointing their guns at him. "Put your hands up!"

Suddenly the sound of bullets burst the scene and all the soldiers were taken down. Behind them were Vince, Gally and some Right Arm soldiers who had circled back to return for them. 

Edward stared at his rival, the one who had thrown the knife and nearly killed him. "Gally?" 

Gally unexpectantly looked a little nervous seeing him. "Hey Greenie," he stepped inside the wreckage and offered a hand to Edward. But the boy pushed it away. 

"I'm good thanks," he turned his back and pulled Brenda up onto her feet, then Chuck.

Gally sighed in defeat. Edward did not trust him at all. 

"Dad..." breathed Amelia as her father helped up her. 

"Come on! We have to hurry! Everybody out!" he ordered. 

Bruised and battered, they stumbled out of the badly-damaged jeep. Vince noticed Hans. "Who's this man?" he demanded.

"He's a friend," explained Edward. "He has the information Thomas hid from WICKED," 

"It's true," Hans said. "I'm a friend of the brothers," 

Vince glanced again at Edward and suddenly hugged him, "It's good to finally meet you, Edward. Thank you so much for saving my daughter,"

Edward blinked. After Vince let him go, he glared at Amelia. "Vince is your father!"

Amelia shrugged. 

"No time for questions Greenie! We gotta go!" Gally urged.

"What's he doing here?" Edward demanded.

"Did you not hear what he just said?!" snapped Minho. 

"Guys!" Sonya screamed. Everyone saw her point a finger down a narrow alleyway. They saw WICKED trucks passing through. Soon they would find the road they came up and join it and capture them. 

Hans expression burned. He threw off his bag and shoved it into a surprised Edward's hands. "Ed...don't let it fall into his hands," 

"Hans what are you doing?" he asked.

"Giving you and your friends time," he grabbed a gun from a soldier and suddenly rushed off into the narrow alleyway towards the trucks. 

"Hans no!" Edward tried to run after him but Gally held him back. "Let me go!"

"He's saving us! Don't let that be in vain!"  he shouted. 

Edward fought back. "And why should I trust you? You nearly killed me!"

Minho rushed over to help Gally. "Ed! We can't save him! Either we go now or we all get captured!" He couldn't persuade him. 

Knowing she had to step up, Brenda rushed and positioned herself in front of Edward. He clasped his hand. "We will save him. Please, Ed..." 

Seeing the importune in her eyes made Edward stand down. Minho let him go peacefully but Edward pushed Gally away. 

......................................................................................................................