Something Stranger

Two close friends talked in a corridor. "Aris I can't take it anymore," Edward panicked.

"I can't either,"

"I can't believe we allowed WICKED to turn us into them. We have to do something,"

"But what can we do? It's not like we can just sneak into those Mazes and help them. And besides, they wouldn't trust us,"

Edward couldn't disagree. "What we need to do is find a way to infiltrate the way these Mazes work and find a way to help them on the inside,"

"But how can we do that?"

"I don't know. But I promise you, Aris..." Edward grasped his shoulder. "We'll think of something,"

Edward's eyes flicked. All he could see was light above his head. As his vision became clearer, he realised he was lying on a hospital bed with a heart monitor beeping loudly. He noticed he had an oxygen tube under his nose. As he turned his head, he saw long dark hair and ice-blue eyes and pink lips on a pale skinned face.

"Teresa?" he breathed.

"Easy," Teresa soothed him. "You're okay. You've just been asleep all day,"

Edward's vision became clearer and he found himself inside a giant hospital room. Teresa was sitting next to him. "Where am I?"

"We're safe Edward. We got rescued from the Maze and brought here,"

Edward suddenly remembered people. "Wait, where's Thomas? And Chuck? And Newt. And..."

"It's alright," Teresa ushered. "They'll all fine. They're here with us. They're just having some rest in a bedroom,"

Edward sighed in relief knowing his brother was here with them. Though not exactly. "Is Gally dead?"

Teresa nodded gravely.

"What happened?" Edward sat up slowly.

"After you got..." Teresa paused. She swallowed her giddiness. "These men picked us up and they took us in a helicopter across the Scorch to this compound. They're going to take us somewhere WICKED will never find us,"

Edward couldn't believe it.

Teresa was about to speak again when Janson appeared. "Ahh...I've seen you're awake Edward,"

The sight of Janson made Edward quiver. He had no idea why. "How are you feeling?"

Although scared, Edward did his best to keep it hidden. "Much better. Thank you,"

Janson smiled. A little unpleasantly. "Lucky my surgeons tended to you or you would have bled out,"

"I don't think he needed to know that dad," a tall boy approached them. Edward could see a resemblance between them.

"Okay, Jerry. If you insist," Janson answered. "Well...Edward...how would you like to go and join your brother and friends?"

Edward sparked up. "I would love that very much, sir,"

"Then let's get you to them," Janson turned to some approaching doctors and they untapped Edward from the tubes attached to his body. "I'm afraid that knife to the stomach has left a horrible scar,"

Edward was stunned. He lifted his shirt and saw a stitched wound above his belly button. Teresa felt dizzy just looking at it.

"Follow me," Janson requested. "You will be staying here for a bit longer Teresa,"

"No," Edward shook his head. "She doesn't know you gentleman so no offence but I think she should join me and our friends,"

"I'm afraid we cannot do that," Jerry said, pushing his hands into his pockets. "She has more tests to do,"