Escaping

Quickly Edward cupped his hands together, giving Aris a hoist up into the vents. He then did hoist Chuck up as far as he could so that Aris could reach down and grab his hands. Edward then jumped up as high as he could and his friends pulled him up. 

They crawled through the vents as fast as their hearts were beating. They had to get to the boys before those doctors could. Edward reached the end and he crawled out and under his bed to his friends. Minho helped him up. 

"What's happened? What did you find?" Newt asked.

"There's no time to explain! We gotta get out of here!" Edward grabbed some blankets and rushed to the door, folding them and then tying them around the handle and a nearby bar. "Chuck help me!"

The worn-out Chuck rushed to aid him in pushing a table over to block the door but the boys kept trying to talk to them.

"Edward! What happened?!" Minho almost screamed.

Aris popped out. Frypan helped him up. "What's going on Aris?"

"She's alive!" Edward panted.

"Who? Teresa?!" Frypan asked.

"No! Ava! Ava Paige!" 

The boys were flabbergasted. 

"But she killed herself," Newt argued.

"It was all a trick! She wanted us to think she was dead!" 

Newt was getting intolerant. He grabbed Edward's should and made him look at him. "Will you just tell us what's happened?"

"It's WICKED!" Chuck screamed out. 

The boys stared at him. Newt loosened his grip on Edward.

"It's WICKED," he panted. "We saw bodies. Hung up. And they're going to do the same thing to us," Chuck was panicking. 

"Help me, guys!" Edward begged. "Please! Before they kill us!"

"Trust him guys," Aris spoke up, coming to support him. The boys shared glances and stared at Edward who was paralysed with fear. He was scared. Not just for them. But for his brother too. Thomas needed their help right now. And so did Teresa.   

Quick as they could, they pushed several mattresses and tables against the doors. Then they followed Edward, Chuck and Aris into the vents. Aris led the way. He knew more about the vents than Edward. They pushed over a large shaft and found themselves in a white shiny hallway. They all stepped out. They didn't see anyone coming but they knew they would be onto them in seconds.

"Where are we going to go?" Minho asked. 

"We have to find Thomas and Teresa!" Edward said. "Half you guys go one way. Half you guys go the other way with me!"

"We'll meet up at the tunnel we came through!" Newt said. He remembered Edward didn't know where that was. "Chuck will know where it is! Let's go!"

"No! There's something I've gotta do!" Aris said. "Trust me," he begged Edward. 

"Go with Chuck Winston," he ordered.

"Okay," he accepted.

"I'll see you guys soon," Aris promised. 

Newt led Winston, Frypan and a few boys one way. Edward led Chuck, Minho and the rest the other way. 

Newt and his group just turned a corner when they ran into a dark-skinned doctor with fuzzy hair. 

"You kids aren't supposed to be out here," she said. 

Suddenly Newt grabbed her hands and tied them around her back. "Take us to your hospital. Now," he knew that was where Teresa or more importantly to him Thomas would be. He shoved the woman forward.