Chapter 30: Smile and Show Your Inner Child

A/N: Chapter 30 already? Oh wow this story is going fast haha. Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading! This chapter was really fun to write, if I must add.. yeah. So, please remember to leave a lovely comment, vote, and fan if you haven't already! Thanks it means a lot! The more comments I get the more inspired I'll become to post chapter 31!(: Thanks and I love every single on of you very much! Thanks for the support! xx

-Reese Stylinson xxxx

______________________________

Emma

*

“No, I think you should wear this on your date,” Nina suggested, holding out a cute T-shirt and a skirt. I looked at it closer, twirling a strand of my hair around my finger as I did so. "I think it would look cute on you."

“I don't know,” I told her, chewing my lip. “I just can't seem to find the right outfit. I'm getting really worried.”

“Emma you need to relax,” she told me, sitting me down on my bed. She took a seat beside me, and she must've noticed the worry in my eyes. I was just hoping she couldn't hear how loud my heart was pounding in my chest. I took a deep breath, and I was more tense than ever. Nina laid a hand on my shoulder, trying to reassure me of everything.

“How can I relax when I'm on my first date with the one I love?”

“So you admit you love him?” Nina then smirked at me, and I felt my cheeks turn a dark shade of crimson.

“No, that's not what I meant.”

“Emma,” Nina started, looking at me like she wasn't convinced. I sighed giving in.

“Okay, fine. Just don't tell anyone.”

“I won't. Now, let's get you ready.”

Nina grabbed a good hold of my wrist, dragging me towards the bathroom where I kept my make-up. I stood in front of the mirror, and that was when I realized I did need some make-up on. I unzipped my make-up bag, reaching in it to find some lip gloss that would match my outfit nicely. I ended up applying a light pink color to my lips, and it made my outfit and my pink T-shirt stand out even more than it already did.

I pulled out my eyeliner and mascara, making sure not to put too much on or go overboard. When I was happy with the amount of eyeliner I had put on, I applied the mascara to my eyelashes to make them appear fuller. I closed the mascara, smiling at my reflection in the mirror. I turned to Nina, wanting to get her opinion before anything else.

“So, how do I look?” I asked her, and she studied my closely.

“Wonderful, but I think if you curled your hair you would look even better.” She suggested, plugging in the curling iron and allowing it to heat up a little bit. I looked down at it, and it seemed to be taking forever.

“I think we should get a drink or something while we're waiting,” I suggested, walking out towards the kitchen. Nina nodded in agreement, tagging along closely behind me. When we reached the kitchen, I pulled out two chairs so we each could have one. Nina sat down in one of them, but I searched the cabinets for something that would be good to drink for now.

“Want some tea?” I asked her, and she nodded.

“Sure.”

I boiled some water for the tea, getting out two mugs and waiting for it to be ready. I sat down at the table across from Nina, and she was just staring down at the floor. I watched as she pulled her phone out of her pocket, and a small smile made its way onto her lips as she opened the text message. Seeing her smile made me curious, so I knew I was going to ask about it.