13

"I don't care." Minho said, looking at the lifeless bird lying on the grass. 

"That's my boy!" Hwasa said proudly, patting Minho's back, while Ben just sighed.

It has already been a year since Minho has been living with them. Hwasa didn't let the kid have any medications or therapy for his disease. She meant it when she said being emotionless is a blessing. She didn't want to change it.

Ben sighed for the nth time, seeing how the 7 year old Minho was always emotionless and unbothered by what's happening around him. To top it all off, Hwasa used to test his behavior regularly, by creating such circumstances, which would leave any ordinary kid traumatized. Ben wanted to do something for the kid, but as Minho was unaffected by them anyways, he didn't know who to side with.

_____________________________________________________

Hwasa was sitting inside her office, going through some files. One of the files was sent from the Orphanage, regarding the new entries in the past couple of years.

Hwasa sighed, picking up the said file, and going through it. She was about to leave it, when her eyes landed on a specific name.

"M-Min-ah..."

Her breath hitched, when the picture of the kid got her attention. Her fingers curled around the page unconsciously, and her breathing got uneven. Her vision turned blurry, while she got up, holding the page in her shaking hand.

She took the support of her table, but still, the sharp pain in her head caused her to lose balance, and unintentionally dropping a glass vase off the table.

____________________________________________________

Ben got startled by the sudden sound of glass shattering, from Hwasa's office. He rushed to the room and found Hwasa sitting down on the floor, hugging herself, while breathing heavily.

"Madame?" He crouched down in front of her, looking at her disheveled form with concern, "Are you alright?"

Ben looked around to see a vase lying on the floor, just beside Hwasa, "Madame-"

"T-Take me to the Orphanage." Hwasa interrupted him. Ben just gulped before nodding and getting up. Hwasa followed.

The whole ride was absolutely quiet, and Hwasa was extremely fidgety, biting her nails and anxiously bouncing her leg. She wasn't even ready to drive today.

The moment they reached the Orphanage, she rushed out of the car, straight to the office.

"Park J-Jaemin. 2 years old. I saw his name and picture on the list of the new entries you sent me. Where is he?" She asked, scaring the hell out of the lady, who was already freaking out to see Hwasa so suddenly.

"M-Ma'am? What happened? Wh-"

"WHERE IS HE DAMN IT?!" Hwasa screamed on the top of her lungs, harshly throwing a few files off the table in front of her, startling both Ben and the lady.

The lady quickly hurried out of the door, to get the said kid.

"Madame..." Ben started, confused, "What's happening? Who's this kid-"

"I don't know." Hwasa sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose while sitting down on a chair, looking extremely exhausted. "I don't know who he is... I just want to see him... I... I have to see him.."

"Why? I mean.. if you don't even know the kid, then why are you so desperate to-"

"We are here!" The lady said, coming in with the kid. His big sparkling eyes, looked at the strangers, while he sucked on his lollipop.

"Anyonghaseo!" Jaemin said, with a bright smile, and bowed respectfully at the two strangers present in the room.

Hwasa crouched down to the kid's level, her shaking hand going to his face to caress it gently.
"M-Min ah..." Hwasa whispered.

"J-Jaemin ma'am. His name is-"

"Jaemin..." Hwasa said, getting up and giving the lady an unreadable look.

"I'm adopting him. Mr. Ben, please take care of all the required paper work for me." Hwasa said, and held Jaemin's hand, before leaving.

____________________________________________________