Chapter 16

Third Person's Point View
Farlan and Orlando never spoke for an entire day, Which Zhongli and Y/N noticed it when they finish packing their things and came back to the office to bid their father farewell.

Y/N sweatdropped in the awkward atmosphere along with Zhongli who was looking back at Orlando and Farlan who weren't even looking at each other.

Farlan was fixing the bookshelfs in a calm expression while Orlando was finishing his paperworks with guilty expression.

Y/N and Zhongli looked at each other

'Something definitely happened in here.'

They both thought which Zhongli cough loudly which caugt their attention.

"Zhongli and Y/N, Are you both ready to set out?"

Orlando asked with a soft expression and smile, Y/N smiled and nodded.

"Yes Father, Were ready to leave, Were just here to say our farewell before we leave after all, It's a long journey ahead of us."

Y/N exclaimed with a angelic smile then suddenly she received a warm and tight embrace that never fails to make her chest feel warm and feel loved.

She looks at the culprit to see her father hugged her and Zhongli so tightly, Zhongli's eyes widened as well not expecting to get hugged by his father.

"I'll both miss you."

Orlando mumbled which Y/N chuckled

"We'll miss you too! Don't worry after we finished dealing with the Withering we'll immediately come back."

Y/N promised which Zhongli can only nod as a response and Orlando released them from the hug.

Farlan can only watch them with a relieve smile in his lips.

'This way maybe Orlando can feel relieved now....Maybe I should tell him about what the General Mahamatra told me.'

Flashback
Farlan was astonished from what he had heard from the general of Mahamatra, He can only smile thinking he was hearing it wrong.

"Cyno, Can you please repeat of what you had just said?"

Farlan asked while Cyno looked at Farlan in a serious look on his face.

"I said, I will marry her after I finished investigating this matter."

Cyno replied this made Farlan sighed loudly.

"Cyno...You know that the princess is only 17 years old, The emperor is also very overprotective over her...and you will also have some competition."

In this era, It's normal for girls to marry at the age of 15, Despite having her reputation destroyed by false claims many men are willing to marry Y/N that they even tried to send a love letter for her multiple times at the age of 12 which Orlando always caught all their letters and burn it in front of the messenger/sender.

He refused, denied and destroyed any attempts of proposing to Y/N that even Zhongli got involved in it since he's also similar to Orlando but is more straightforward since he visits the person that is proposing a marriage to Y/N, Zhongli would criticize them about how they live, things they have done, their flaws, and say anything insulting About them that will make their dignity and confidence destroyed in a few words and seconds.