Chapter 14

In the Infirmary
3rd Person's Point View
It was only silence inside of the Infirmary...

A certain loyal knight was laying on the bed letting his master treat his injuries, For now she was giving him an ointment to his wounds on both of his hands waiting anxiously for the princess to speak up.

".... Princess...are you angry at me-

"No, I'm not."

'She's angry at me.'

Bennett thought in concern for himself before he got scolded for an hour by the princess of Liyue.

Bennett sat up on his bed to face the princess directly and let Y/N sat on the bed beside him with a saddened expression.

"...Even though, I am not that powerful to use my Fame to protect you...I will find a way to get you out from any mess, You don't have to hide anything from me..."

Y/N told him with her trembling voice realizing, How weak she was in the world of society where people use their own fame and money to do everything they wanted.

Y/N might be the princess of the Liyue but she has donated most of her money to the Orphanages she own around the world, She can't always depend on her father's money very long or people will judge her for it.

She wanted to be independent using her own money but for now she needs to gather power and Fame to make herself powerful in society maybe this way everyone will fear her and no one would get hurt because of her.

"You almost killed the Vice General because of me...If I hadn't arrived in time...I wouldn't know what will happen to you...so please even I'm still weak, Please rely on me too."

Y/N muttered with regret and guilt can be heard from her voice and expression on her face, As she held Bennett's hand gently for reassurance.

Bennett recalled all the memories that the Vice General said about Y/N which he clench his teeth in anger.

'And here I thought I was trying to help her by getting stronger to protect her from any harm...When I can't even protect myself from this world...At this rate...I'll become a burden to her...'

Bennett thought looking down on the ground with regret and anger clenching his fists realizing how weak he was.

Y/N didn't notice his self conflict but she touched Bennett's right clenching fists, She held a smile.

"Once I gather enough money and power to protect the people I love, No one shall never get hurt again...I can protect myself so I will use my current strength and power to protect you for a while Bennet, So don't ever think yourself as a burden, I will train you myself to become a greater Knight."

Y/N suggest

Which made Bennett surprised

"Princess, I thought you are afraid of weapons."

"I am...but I just can't stay like this forever being helpless and weak against my enemies. In this current state I can only rely on my father, I am well aware how my father loves me so I know that will teach me how to gather enough power to protect myself and everyone."