Chapter 12.9

Y/N's Point View
.

.

.
I couldn't remember the first time I saw the world, After all the only thing I remember from my childhood....is being ignored by my so-called parents inside of a hut near Mingyun Village of Liyue.

I can still remember when I tried to hug my mother who just hummed and was busy counting money with my father who was writing letters for their clients.

I didn't know what their jobs were but I always see weapons in the house, They even taught me how to hold a dagger at the age of 4, then at the age of 6 I was taught how to kill animals.

My parents would always train me so harshly but they always say to me that...
"We are doing this to you because we love you"

I didn't think or get suspicious of them because I was still a child, Every time I tried to kill an animal, They would always whisper to me with these words.

"If you want to kill an animal, Kill it like you would kill a human."

I was a kid back then wondering If I am training to kill an animal for me to eat and survive or Kill a human to survive.

Maybe both, but I'm also sure that I wasn't being trained to protect myself but for them to use me for their jobs.

One year passed until I turned 7 years old, I killed many lives with this dirty hand of mine while my parents encouraged me to kill more...I thought that if I killed more they would love me as their daughter and won't ignore me anymore until one day, One of my targets is a blind old man who was a former general in Snezhnaya made me realize that all my actions were wrong.

He was just a retired old man waiting for a day for him to pass away, I felt pity for him but my parents told me that I shouldn't let my feelings get in the way of my mission but maybe I make this an exception.

I saw him sit on the bench while feeding the white cat with fish.

I sat beside him and saw him smile.

"Hahaha, Thank you for accompanying me kid."

He thanked me, I just hummed, watching him on every move.

"You're here to kill me are you?"

His voice became stern and serious yet he still didn't look at me, It's not like he needed to but How did he know I am a kid?

But besides that, How did he know? I barely even move or talk.

As he kept talking in his kind and gentle tone.

"I've spent my years being a blind man, especially as a former trained general, Did you think you can kill me that easily?"

The old man asked me mockingly, I was offended but he has a point that I can't argue, I underestimated him just because he's blind.

"I know I can't kill you that easily."

"Then why did you sit beside me? You know I can just kill you right here with my stick."