Chapter Thirteen: Beginning of a Battle

Final Chapter:

Chapter Thirteen: Beginning of a Battle

~A month passed~

I stared at the reflection of the glass protecting the values of the shop. The round bump of my stomach poked out, it wasn't hard to miss. I kept my eyes on it, wondering about who this thing belonged to. I traced my finger over my stomach, I could so easily rip it out, but I won't. I know why, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I want to have this baby. 

"The evacuation for the third and twentieth ward will be held-" 

I stopped listening to the news, tuning everything out and I just listened to the heartbeat of my baby.  

"You know, you're really bothersome. I wanted to have a better life but here you are." I laughed as I gently walked alongside people. They gave me odd looks but I ignored them. "It's just frustrating not knowing. . . you know what."  

But as long as you're happy, I guess I'll be too. 

-FlashBack- 

"Ayato, what would you name a baby girl?" I asked abruptly. Ayato glanced at me and gave me a bitter but sweet 'tch'. 

"If it's a girl, shit, and if it's a boy, I'd name him stupid," 

I rolled my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder. I stared off, specifically to a random corner of the room. I imagined a set of toys, a chain of childish laughter and tiny shoes pressed against the wall. 

"If I had a girl, I would name her Kaiyo. If I had a boy, I'd name him Kou." 

"Stop thinking so far into the future. It's ridiculous to even think about having children in such a corrupt place." Ayato spat. I stayed quiet.  'If only you knew.' 

"I guess so but I like those names. Forgiveness and peace. Something I always wanted."

-End of FlashBack-

I felt a sudden impact and realized I hit a wall. I had stumbled into an alley. I let out a small sigh. "Lesson one kiddo, never get lost in thought," I turned around,  but I was regretful. I stood still, my eyes settling on a tired figure.  

Kaneki's face was hollow, his skin pale, and his grey eyes dull with little to no life. He approached me slowly. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a forceful but warm embrace. "I missed you." He whispered. I felt my heart thump rapidly.  

He missed me.

"Why did you leave me?" 

Why did I leave him?

I stayed silent and just snugged my head against his chest. 

"Please stop being the reason I hurt. Just stay by me. I can't take the lonely pain I feel without you." Kaneki placed his face against the crook of my neck and his grip on me became tighter. My face turned crimson. 

"I don't care." He said suddenly. "I don't care if it's mine or his. I just want you." 

I was about to say something when I felt blood stain my clothes. "It's okay. I'll protect you. I always will." He said. My eyes brimmed with tears as he stepped away from me. He fell onto his knees, his lips pursing together as he pulled out 

"Kaneki. . . " I managed to say his name. He gave me a sad smile.

 "I love you." 

I froze. My mouth agape, my arms stiff against the side of my body. 

"I love you, Ken." I could barely say it. "I need you." But I really did mean it. 

//If there are any grammatical or spelling errors, do tell.//

//Last updated (4.11.2017).//