Chapter One: How it Ended

//Disclaimer: Ages are raised by a year to make it 'better'. Ayato and the reader are both fifteen-sixteen. Mature content.//

Chapter One: How it Ended

I happily brought the cup of coffee to Ayato. Handing it to him, I begin to descend and sit on his lap. I felt his body stiffen under my touch and as quick as I tried to sit on him, he pushed me off. "Who said you could sit on me?" He scoffed, eyes blaring with annoyance. I looked at him briefly from the ground then drifted my eyes to my hands setting them there, too embarrassed to look at him directly.

I was sensitive and I thought he would've understood that by now. I guess not.

"No one did," I answer quietly, intimidated by the bluenette. Staying on the floor, avoiding his gaze, I hear him groan then he helps me up, his grip on my shoulder hard and tightening.

"Sit on the couch like a normal person."

Standing up, my arms aching, I shake my head, a bitter smile tugging at my lips. "No, I'll go do some chores," I say. "Maybe even do the laundry." Patting down my clothes and flicking off the particles of dust that collected onto the fabric, I begin to walk off.

Passing a few spare rooms, I manage to make it to ours without growing old. Grabbing a basket that was sitting near the doorway, I enter the bedroom and start picking up bloody clothes and my dirty dresses that needed to be washed. Placing them in the basket, I start to walk out, a heavy load in my hands. Making it back to the living room, my head pounding, I stop shortly as I hear Ayato talking faintly with someone.

"No she won't be here later-"

"Just hang up the fucken phone. I'll see you in a few hours." He whispers roughly. Stepping back into the hallway, I wait a few minutes. I continue to watch from afar as his thumbs rapidly touch the screen, tapping his thumbs on 'send' more than once.

It's nothing, just breathe.

Finally emerging, I keep my head up and walk past him to the laundry room. Placing the basket down, I start putting the dirty clothing in the machine according to color. I do it at my own pace, wanting to waste time. When finishing up, I throw the basket aside and press a few buttons to start the washing process. Now I just have to wait.

~*~

Walking into the bedroom, I feel nauseous and dizzy. There was barely any sunlight and the curtains never opened; never letting in air. I felt like I was suffocating.

Not that I actually know how that feels like.

Laying down on the bed, I rest my head on my pillow, closing my eyes. I was tired, that's all. Sleep would probably do the trick; but it didn't. I felt the weight of the bed shift around, indicating that someone was laying next to me. I thought that would be the end of it, just him next to me.

I just wanted an innocent teenage romance, his kisses, small gifts, conversations but alas, he wanted more. He wanted to do grown up things that I just wasn't ready for. I would shrug him off, tell him 'tomorrow' or 'next time'. Of course Ayato would get pretty angry at me and say that I didn't love him.

Maybe I don't love him the way I thought I did.

Now, again is one of those times I would have to remind him we were only fifteen. Letting his hands run up my leg, my heart pounds heavily and I start to feel uncomfortable. Turning around, I face him, a visible smirk on his face but upon seeing my expression, he scowls. "You know what I'm going to say."

"Tch, you're filthy anyways." He shoots up from the bed but I catch his arm.

"I still like you a lot, Ayato. I just don't think right now is the time for things like that." I say warmly, trying to preserve what we still have as a pair. He rolls his eyes and scoffs.

"So yesterday you said you loved me, now you say you like me. What the fuck is going on in your pretty little head?"

I heat up, now gripping his arm tighter. He doesn't flinch but there was a prominent shiver running up his body. "You're making this hard for me." I return, my voice rising. "You always make it hard for me! When were little, when were were allies and now! Sometimes I wish I left with Touka and not you!"

I begin to yell at the top of my lungs, my eyes flaring up, honesty leaving my lips, escaping before I could catch it. Ayato counters everything I say, yelling at me for being weak, needing his help and that I could never be alone. He throws me aside, hitting my head against the board of the bed.

And as much as I wanted the pain stop there, the abuse continued; emotionally and physically.

"You're a punk if you think you can talk to me like that. I'm your superior you bitch." He lashes out at me, jumping onto the bed, slinging me across the room like a toy. He treated me like an animal, a wild beast. I only covered my head that already sustained an injury.

I can't. I can't. I can't.

I can't go on like this.

Releasing my kagune, I feel it rip through my body, tearing my clothing as I defend myself in a way I thought would never happen. Especially not against him. Shielding myself, I attack Ayato by pushing against him, full speed, bringing him and I through the wall. I plunged my hands on his chest, gritting my teeth as I stared at him. Wrapping my kagune around my arm, shaping it into a melee weapon, I hold it against Ayato.

"I'm done," I clench my jaw, blooding boiling in my veins. "I'm done with your sick, twisted games." Sweat builds up, beading my forehead, mixing with the blood matted in my hair. "And if I have to kill you to get away, I will and I won't hesitate."

"Then do it. I'm not stopping you, you pig."

He's pushing my buttons.

"You're idiotic, stupid, a brat, filthy, and everywhere you go, you leave a mess for everyone else to clean up-"

"Shut up," I say through grit teeth.

"Why do you think Touka never fought for you-"

"Shut up,"

"Why do you think your only family left you behind when you were younger!-"

"Shut. Up. I'm not playing around."

"Then make me shut up, because I know your brother did by cutting off your tongue."

I raged, pressing my kagune harder on his throat, drawing out blood. The thick liquid tainted the tip, turning it red. Suddenly, all the hatred and anger vanished. My blaring eyes softened. Pushing off of him, I start to sob.

I hated how my life was playing out. I just wanted it all to go away.

"I expect to see you gone by the time I'm back." Ayato murmurs, rubbing away the blood that slowly dripped out from his throat. I nod, agreeing that I would leave.

Hearing him walk away, I scream, grip my hair, pulled it out and by the end of the night, I was kicked from the Aogiri; by Ayato.

I don't blame him, but I blame myself for ending it the way it did. And because of how heartbroken I became, I earned the alias 'Weeper', stalking and hunting people who dealt with what I've been through, ending their misery.

//Updated (8. 13. 2016) at 11:58am//

//Comments may be related to previous content that was in this chapter before the update//