Chapter Eight: Torture Chambers

I grunt as the bluenette lifts me up from the ground. My body was limp, his firm hold on me didn't exactly feel great. Staring into his blue eyes, I feel my heart heavily pound with guilt against my chest. I try my best not to show any feelings towards him, and it was easy considering the fact that his little group of bandits were destroying Anteiku; hurting Kaneki who I was starting to deeply care for. 

Feeling his finger trace my hip and up the sides of my shirt sent shivers up my spine. He neared his lips to my ear, his breath tickling. He nibbled at the tip, my face heating up and the blood in my body boiling. "I'm sure your little boyfriend would love to see this." 

On cue, I saw Kaneki push himself from the ground, an angered expression prominent on his face. I turn my head away from Ayato and look at Kaneki, his work uniform drenched in his own blood. The light kisses that were placed on my neck and collarbone could easily be seen as fuel for the ebony haired male. I tried to push away but as much as I did, Ayato dug his nails into my flesh. 

Squealing, I finally regain some of my strength and knee Ayato in the crotch, causing him to drop me suddenly. Stumbling forwards, I reach Kaneki and embrace him. I knew that the torture was far from over but just feeling his body against mine for the briefest second gave me false hope that everything would be alright. 

Kaneki's arm wrapped around my waist, squeezing me tightly as he replaced the kisses Ayato gave me with his own. "Everything's going to be okay." He murmurs. I nod and sob into the crook of his neck. We were in our own little bubble that was close to being popped by monstrous things from the outside. 

"I'm sorry for lying to you." I croak, running my fingers through his hair. Kaneki only kisses my cheek once more before being pulled away by Yamori. One eye was still seen being regenerated but the other was healed, and the look it had was horrifying. Yamori looked dead with rage.

"Did you say your petty goodbyes?" He scoffed, piercing Kaneki with his kagune. I scream and try to reach him but I was interfered by Ayato giving me a blow on the head, knocking me out at once. 

~Time Skip~

My head pounded and I could feel it pulsating; throbbing as I lift my head to look at the room I was in. It was dark and the checkered floors seemed all too familiar. Tilting my head to the side, I notice Ayato in a chair, chin resting in the palm of his hand, elbow propped up on his crossed over leg.  

"You're finally awake after two days."

"Where's Kaneki?" I ask, voice dry. I fidget in the chair I was strapped down in. My wrists were handcuffed together, ankles tied up against the legs of the chair. I blink slowly as I wait for an answer. 

"He's alive." He says, irritation visible in his tone of speaking. "But I doubt that he'll get through Yamori's torture without dying." He said, mockingly smirking. Blue pins pulled his bangs back, revealing more of his eyes. Dark circles could me seen under them. 

"You know how this works. You've been in this torture room before." Ayato stated. I push the memory of the room to the back of my head. The sinister things that went on when I was only a child grabs onto me like a tick. 

"Where's Kaneki?!" I raise my voice. I groan, fighting against the chair as I try to break free. I glare at the bluenette, spitting onto the floor, blood mixing with the saliva. "You didn't answer my question." 

Ayato appeared disrespected. Getting up from his chair, he nonchalantly walks over to a tray of medical supplies, picking up a syringe filled with a clear substance. 

My heart raced, fearing what the syringe contained and what it would do. Ayato looks at me, a smug look crossing his features. "I won't answer your question but I'll tell you this. If you join the Aogiri, I can promise you that your beloved boyfriend will come out in one piece."