Chapter Eleven: Dear Difference, Dear Similarity, Goodbye

I snuggled closer to Ayato as he slept soundly. This was accidental, stupid even but I cared for the injured ghoul so I complied. I inhaled and exhaled his bittersweet scent. It was in a way, soothing.  

Shifting around, I turned to face the door and saw a stray beam of light enter Ayato's room. Curiously, I sat up and dressed before leaving to see where it came from. Following the light, I noticed that it led to Eye-Patches room. 

Standing in front of his door, I quietly opened it just a tad bit wider. Inside sat Eye-Patch on his bed, face buried in his hands. His backed arched, and I could see his body tremble. Entering, I sat next to him. 

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll get better." I said soothingly. He bellowed in sorrow and all I did was watch and listen. When I tried to approach him any closer, his eyes warned me to stay away. So I sat on the edge of his bed, afraid to suddenly leave or to trespass his emotional barrier. 

It was strange seeing him in such grief without knowing the reason. I barely knew this person, yet a part of me had the urge to just outright embrace the dismal man. And before I could catch myself, I was doing just that. Somehow, I was still in one piece. 

"Why?" He groaned. "Why did you have to forget me?" He lifted his head to face me. I stared at him confusingly. He ignored my expression and leaned forward. I didn't flinch. I wanted him to continue, though I'll never truly admit it. "Just. . .remember." He pressed his lips against mine tenderly. My cheeks heated up, reacting correctly. 

What was wrong with me? 

I wanted to pull away before I lost myself but I just couldn't. . . I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. In this minty moment, my senses had been seduced and I could no longer think straight. But as his fingers dug into my skin, he opened his closed eyes and pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry. This is a mis-" 

Before he could finish his sentence, I slammed my lips against his before I regretted my decision. I tangled myself in his grasp, pushing him onto his back. 

Then one thing led to another. 

~Lil' time skip to morning~

I woke up panting, forehead beaded in sweat. I was bare, head to toe, and I was all alone. My head pounded, surging with sudden memories. I gasped at the pain. Everything I did was a blur. I knew what to do but it was all involuntary. Before I knew it, I was writing on two sheets of paper, excusing myself for my sudden departure.  

Dear My Difference,

Goodbye. I'm sorry for leaving so soon, unnoticed. You've taught me enough to sustain myself and I'm truly grateful for that. You reminded me to never give up and to fight until I've become vulnerable. I'm sorry for not saying this in person. I apologize sincerely for not giving you an honest second chance.

Yours Truly,

Your Brat

~ Another untimely skip~

"Are you sure you want to dye this beautiful hair of yours?" The hairdresser asked yet again.

 "Yes." I replied simply. The lady sighed and began to do whatever she does. It was completely silent for the next hour or two. After my treatment was done, I left the salon without a single word. 

I wondered the bright ward cautiously knowing that there were investigators in the first ward. I changed my scent for tracking purposes and entered the CCG main building. I passed RC detectors with ease and remained quiet.