Chapter Twelve: Twist in Life

I woke up with a headache.

"Are you alright?" Asked my new partner.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied, slowly getting up, but as soon as my feet touched the cold floor, I fell to the ground clenching my stomach.

"Eira!" Aito rushed by my side and picked me up gently setting me back on the bed. I sat up as soon as I touched the mattress.

"I'm f-fine." I stuttered. I lightly pushed Aito away and slowly got ready.

Glumly, I followed Aito into the CCG building.

"Eira. . . . If you are in the building please report to Mado's office." The speaker boomed.

I just arrived, damn it.

From afar, I peered through Akira's office and window and saw the last I person I would have expected to come to such a place.

"Fushigi is your name? Fushigi Asami."

"Y-yes." The red-head seemed more than just terrified as she sat there. She looked sick and weary. God, please tell me you weren't worried about me.

"This is Masuki Eira. She's about the same age as you. She'll help you find your friend." Akira glanced up as she shuffled around with her files. Asami followed her pointed gaze and rested her eyes on me. I turned to face her, and we stared at each other briefly. "Ms.Masuki, your job today is to search the 20th, 12th and 3rd ward for Fushigi's friend. If you can't find anything you shall report back and put this case on hold and give this to the police. This was probably just a simple kidnapping." Akira said wrongly. I nodded and walked out the room with Asami following me.

When we left the CCG building, I walked at least five blocks away and stopped. My back faced Asami and before I could change my mind, I told her a brutal lie. Asami banged her frail body against mine and fell back but caught her balance. I looked at her frail body. She had pale skin and freckles that spread across the bridge of her nose. Her eyes were black and her curly red bangs covered most of her eyes but you can still see the lingering pain.

"Your friend is dead." It came out of me with hesitance, but I had no choice.

"Wh-what?" I saw as her eyes swelled, the tip of her nose turning red.

I'm sorry.

"Akira Mado gave me a picture of her. This girl. . . she's dead. Found in an alley being cannibalized by a ghoul. I'm sorry for the sudden news. But now that we 'found' your friend, I can rest this waste of time case and focus on what is actually important."

"She can't be dead." Asami covered her mouth letting out soft cries in her hand. "We didn't even look for her! How was it not reported?! You're lying to me." She yelled, her voice cracking with every word. I sighed, this was harder for me than it is for you, trust me.

"(y/n) (L/n) is gone. Deceased. The only thing I retrieved from the girl is this locket." I reached into my pocket and pulled out the only thing that held our extinct friendship. I tossed it to her and walked past her.

~Untimely time skip~

I entered the CCG building and reported back to Akira Mado's office.

"That was awfully quick." She said, not even looking up from her work. I gave her a soft glare and tossed her the picture of me - no, correction - her.

"Anything else?" I was bitter, and that was no secret. Before Akira could even respond, I was on my knees, covering my mouth as nasty fluids spilled out of me. I rushed out of her office, my head low and face tinted red.

I entered the women's bathroom, rushing to the toilet. I clung to the seat, my legs sprawled against the tiled floor. I heard heels clack into the bathroom and a rather cold tone fill the already cold bathroom. "Eira. . . Are you perhaps seeing anyone right now?"

I shook my head, loudly groaning as an answer.

"Did you see someone before?"

Where was she going with this? I stayed silent. There was a long period of just quiet breaths and the stench of puke filling the bathroom. It felt knife piercing. "Be careful for the next nine months." With that she left me, dumbfounded. I looked at my stomach. Was there something forming inside of me? It couldn't be. No, I don't recall - but who?

//Yeah, you're pregnant. No lemon chapters but there were hints. If there were any grammatical or spelling errors, do tell.//

(Last updated: 4.08.2017)