Chapter 3 [3/3]

Meanwhile Myungwoo, Daesun and Sungmi - who keep holding Bonhwa the hare in her arm - are still running in the forest. The sky is getting darker, Myungwoo lost track of time, he doesn't know for how long they have been running like this and keep being chased by the angry fairies.

"Look at that green light! I think the leader must be there!"

"Princess, I think we need to do it fast. Daesun will run out of his energy soon!"

"How about our chocolate?"

"Only one bottle left."

Sungmi is frowning as she realized Daesun's attacking shield is getting weaker as he need to cast it once every minute and the range keep narrowing. Sungmi charged forward and they can now finally see what's in front of them: it's a fairy which is slightly bigger than the other fairies they saw, surrounded by a dim green light and some fairies.

"Fairy leader! Why do you attack the guardians and humans?"

Once Myungwoo heard Sungmi mention "humans" he had an assumption that maybe something bigger is happening in his world too.

"Guardians? They are going to awaken the Darkness Lord. I'm not attacking the humans, I'm attacking guardians."

"What are you talking about? We aren't the evil guardians! It's me, Princess Sungmi. How can I support the evil guardians? You know me well!"

"I can't trust you in this state, Princess."

Then they see the leader's eyes turn red.

"That's why he is talking nonsense, he is being hypnotized. Guardians, we need to attack the other fairies to make them busy. Myungwoo, go straight to the leader and attack him with your ax. You won't kill him but you'll cleanse his mind - you're the only one who can break the spell since you're the omega."

Sungmi puts Bonhwa on the ground.

"Let's open the way for Myungwoo! Guardians attack!"

Bonhwa charged forward by hopping to the group of fairies in his hopping range; Myungwoo was waiting for the right timing.

"Daesun, let's do it! Water and Earth Guardians, combat attack!"

Daesun raises up his bow and Sungmi raises up her morning star; water spray out of the bow and soil out of the morning star then it combines in the air; before it falls to the ground on a big group of fairies and traps them there: it's mud! But it's not only a simple mud as some fairies sink into it while the others get trapped by their feet - the more they move, the more they sink into the mud.

"Myungwoo, the leader!"

Myungwoo just realized his job, he jumped forward to the leader. But the leader is fast, he dodge at the right time from Myungwoo's ax. Myungwoo doesn't give up, he rolls on the ground and jumps again, with the thought that he must end this chaos with his ax. He widens his eyes when he is too late to dodge away from the dust that the leader throws at him. He coughs as he inhales some of the dust and his mind is hazy again.

"Myungwoo, your left!"

Myungwoo can listen to Daesun's voice clearly and he can see the dust being thrown at him again from his left side but instead of dodging, he charges forward to the middle of the dust with his ax rising up...

"How many more will come?" asked Minseong in between his heavy breaths.

Minsook, Kichul and the wolf Minjoon who already changed back to his human form (and fighting cooly with his sword) at first killed all of the fairies in the room, but the fairies who appear from the mirror are a lot too. Kichul and Minseong finally wait together in front of the mirror but some dodge the attack and end up entering the room, being chased and killed by Minsook and Minjoon. But they use a lot of energy, even Minsook's magic seems a bit slow and weak.