Chapter 8 [1/6]

Doyeon is stepping into a dark alley. He is holding his magic staff tightly as he marches forward. He remembers that Daesun might be in danger because he is alone, so his mission is to find and save him. Actually he doesn't really like the idea of him collaborating with Daesun and Eunkyung, as they are usually rivals in the business world.

"But this is different," said Doyeon to himself, "the safety of this world is coming first. And, this thing is actually so cool."

But suddenly his way got blocked by a thorn bush so he couldn't step forward.

"What should I do with this damn bush?"

He takes out the spell book and attacks the bush with a fire spell. It does burn for a while, but it's quickly extinguished with only a little part of the bush getting burned.

"I need hard work to eliminate this, I guess," sighed Doyeon.

But before he could cast another spell, he heard a loud groan behind the bush.

"Anyone there?" asked Doyeon, half screaming.

But nobody is answering him, he just hears another groan. Doyeon thinks he knows whose voice is that, and he feels worried suddenly.

"Daesun? Lee Daesun?" he asked again, louder this time.

Doyeon pressed his ear to the thorn bush carefully and this time he can hear heavy breath behind it.

"Doyeon-ssi?"

A little excitement appeared in Doyeon's heart as he found out Daesun recognized his voice.

"What happened? Are you okay there?"

"Basilisks. There are three of them. I can't look straight into their eyes," explained Daesun, half-screaming too, but his voice sounds weak, "it feels useless to fight them while avoiding their eyes."

"I don't know what that is but all I can say is hanging on there," said Doyeon, "I might need some time but I'll be there soon."

"I'll try to stay alive," said Daesun.

A while later, Doyeon can hear the slight sound of flying arrows and the sound of loud scream - it must be from the creature called basilisks. The sound is so loud and it makes Doyeon's mind go crazy.

"It must be a big creature," said Doyeon, "and I think their shape isn't nice either. I must be hurry,"

Doyeon keeps casting fire spells to the thorn bush without stopping. He manages to create a bigger fire that burns the bush longer.

"I hope it works..."

One basilisk fell to the ground with a loud scream and bumping sound. Daesun is kneeling on the floor with his right hand holding an arrow - this arm is bleeding, while his left arm is holding his bow. He doesn't dare to look up to the head of the other two basilisks, he just traces them by their large lower body. He quickly rolls away as one of them sliding their tail towards him. He doesn't know how much longer he can stay alive. He is losing his energy as well as his blood. He bravely stood up and stretched his bleeding arm to lift up the dead basilisk with his telekinetic ability and throw it to the other two basilisks. It bumps them quite hard. Using this chance, Daesun is rolling on the ground to the backpack and drinking one bottle of potion. His wound suddenly healed. But before he can drink the hot chocolate, one basilisk is trying to eat him alive. He has no other way of rolling away to save himself.

"Magic arrow!"

Doyeon forced himself to get into the alley through a small burning hole that was just enough for his body. His clothes looked a little burnt, but he quickly flew to Daesun's side.