Chapter 43: Just Enough

A/n: Heyy! How y'all doin? I'm great because I've been drowning myself in Tom Felton Videos, but I'm also doing bad because my Virtual Math Class was apparently the wrong one, so they switched it and now I'm two weeks behind, like wtf!

Anyways, I'm starting a countdown on my YT of Days till Thanks to Them Premieres. Feel free to come over to the channel. Short chapter today Loves!

Caleb's POV

Philip had a large working table to set all the supplies on, it was very messy at first so had to clean up all that. Philip caught some of the Boiling Isles version of Fireflies, I grabbed my tools from home and we finally got to work.

Philip was taking some final notes in his journal, Flapjack was still holding my drafts from earlier, being very helpful, and I was wiping off all the dust off the table from working that day.

"You still need to tell me what you did all this time," I break the silence. We usually do the work in silence, every now and then there's a laugh or a small hi, but we haven't actually talked too much. "Aside from growing a beard that is," I teased.

"Oh nothing much," Philip replied with a sigh. "After leaving I looked for a place to stay in. I didn't want to be around Witches or Whatnot and so I wandered through the Woods and remembered the Cave. It took some while to grow to it but it's livable now."

"And, what more?" I pressed on, wanting to know every detail.

"I studied this realm more, trying to find a way back home, or looking for a pool of Titan's Blood. Wouldn't need to build this portal then..." He paused. "Speaking of Titan Blood..."

"Do you still have some?" I asked worriedly. "I'm not exactly eager to go to Eclipse Lake again."

Last time we went, it was good that we found the Titan's Blood, very glad we did. But, we barely made it out. We found something called Fool's Blood and tried to take it, but instead the Walls came crumbling. We were scared for our lives!

"I should still have some," Philip closed his journal. He rummaged through all the wood and other supplies on the table and finally reached his satchel. He reached inside and grabbed out a clear pouch with a small amount of blue liquid inside. It was tied up tightly by a string, Philip held it out to show me.

"Is this enough?" Philip asked.

"Should be," I smiled.

Flapjack perched on my shoulder and nuzzled into my neck, tired from helping out all day, Philip grabbed his bag and we came back home.

Catherine was very excited to see me come through the door every evening. I could see her tense face relax when she saw me. She would run up to me with her arms out and go for a hug. I'd do the same thing everyday: Come in, Slightly hug her, Kiss her lips, Kiss her stomach so I was kissing the baby, and then we all sat down for a nice warm meal.

Everything was perfect, but I could still tell Catherine was worried greatly. She knows that the feelings are not from the baby, and you should always trust your gut, so maybe I should be worried. But Philip would never actually hurt me. I mean yeah he pushed himself out of my life for a little while, but he came back like he always does... So nothing's gonna happen... Right?

580 words total this chapter, Stay tuned for the next one!