Chapter 34: An Egg has Entered the Nest

A/n: Two Chapters in a Day? Yeah, I was bored. None of my saved books have been updated, no new Owl House Comics on Twitter, and no new YT vids to watch so I did this...

Enjoy the last chapter of the Caline Fan-Fiction :(

Catherine's POV

Over the past few weeks I haven't been feeling well. Especially sick. Caleb has been a little overprotective of me during those times in the morning, being a dear and holding back my hair.

I have also been a lot more hungry than usual, which Caleb had also noticed. He was starting to get even more worried, so he set up an appointment with one of the members of the Healing Coven.

"Well... all tests are concluded," The healer replied.

"And?" I asked.

"You're not exactly sick, but treatment for what you have will take about 9 months," The Healer said.

"9 Months? What do you mean?" I inquired.

"Congratulations to you and your Husband," The Healer clapped. "An Egg has entered your family's nest!"

I gasped in delight knowing what the healer was implying. "Really?"

"Indeed, Mrs. Clawthorne," The healer said.

After talking over some more things with dos and don'ts, I headed back home excited to tell Caleb the big news. We were finally going to be parents!

I came through the door and toned my level 10 giddiness to a 1 so I didn't look suspicious. I entered into Caleb's office noticing he was hard at work making something again.

"What are you carving?" I crept closer to his face.

"Oh, nothing," Caleb replied. "Just the most radiant witch on the Boiling Isles. I refer to her as my Wife."

His face turned and kissed my cheek. Caleb asked, "how was your meeting with the Healers? Were they able to say what you have?"

"Good, good, yeah. They did figure out what's the matter with me."

"And?" Caleb pressed on.

"Unfortunately, there's no way to heal it. I can only numb the symptoms down. It will get better after some time though," I admitted.

"Specify 'some time' please," Caleb requested. "How long is that precisely?"

"Quite a few months, almost a year," I tried to hint to him.

"A Year?" Caleb said.

"Roundabout," I said. "Turns out there's this odd aftereffect that tends to happen when two people decide to Love and Create a life."

Caleb's eyes lit up at the sudden realization, "Wait are you- are you saying-"

I grabbed both his hands and squeezed them tight before putting my hands around my stomach where my belly will soon stick out, "Congratulations, Mr. Clawthorne. You're going to be a father. Or- well, you... already are but you get the idea."

"But, how long before already?" Caleb asked.

"It's still very early in the pregnancy, merely a month. Almost two," I stated.

Caleb looked down, his smile still shining. "Me... A father... I-"

Caleb then picked me up and spun me around, "Oh Kitty! A Baby! Us! We're having a baby!"

"Careful, Sweetheart," I reminded.

"This is wonderful! You're wonderful! I-I need wood!" Caleb shouted.

"That's an odd thing to say to your pregnant wife," I remarked. "Whatever do you need wood for now?"

"The baby needs a crib! And toys! Oh, I'll carve their name on them!" Caleb sounded scatterbrained. "Or perhaps not- What if siblings follow and they'll use the crib and toys too?"

"Caleb, sweetheart. It's still going to be a while until the baby is born," I reminded Caleb. "I barely have a belly as of right now."

"The sooner I start, the better!" Caleb kissed my cheek again. Caleb held me close and smiled. Tears in both our eyes from the extraordinary news. Our Palismen must've heard Caleb's shouting because Opal and Flapjack came flying into the Office with joyful chirps and nuzzled both our cheeks.

Things just couldn't get any better than this.

613 words total this chapter. I hope you enjoyed this story! 

I

V

SIKED! The creator finally posted another comic, so another Chapter is coming tomorrow!