Chapter 44: Cursed

A/n: Hey I'm back! The creator finally posted another comic so I got more content for ya. Also math being an absolute b-tch to me... Enjoy today's chapter!

Caleb's POV

I was continuing to work on the portal. The door assembly had just been finished, now it was time for the more technical work. I asked Philip to hand me my notes, but after he went over to the table where our supplies sat, he was unresponsive.

"No! No, No, No, No, No, No! Not Now!" He murmured.

"Philip? Is everything alright?" I asked. "Philip?"

He didn't say anything, he just stood still. I went to put a hand on his shoulder, but I wasn't met with a leather feel, it was slimy and icky. I took my hand away and it was covered in a black tarry substance.

What was this? Is he okay? Who did this? "Pip?"

He was all black with shining cyan eyes, "Leave!" His voice cracked.

"I lost you once! I'm not losing or leaving you again," I protested. "You... You got cursed didn't you?"

When he didn't answer, I knew it was a yes. I felt bad, no one really deserves to be cursed. Now he was dealing with this and I wasn't there to help him. "Oh Philip..." I went in for a hug and gripped him tight.

"You're not... scared?"

"Of you? You're my little brother, you always will be. And I'll always love you, Curse or No curse," I said, chuckling. I hugged him even tighter before letting go.

"Is there a cure?" I inquired.

"A temporary one," Philip admitted.

"Do you have what you need for it here?"

"Yes."

"Then get to it, I'll wait for you," I said. "Oh, and for the future: I want you to know that you can always tell me any and everything."

Philip's POV

"Then get to it, I'll wait for you," Caleb said. "Oh, and for the future: I want you to know that you can always tell me any and everything."

I felt reassured that he didn't call me a monster or gross. This curse was getting worse by the day and I've had to run into town every couple of weeks for a Palismen steal spree. The Witches in Town square always carry them, so it's easy to at least know where they are.

I nodded and headed towards a hidden spot and found a rat shaped Palisman and cracked it open and its green essence filled my nose making me feel better.

"Sorry again for this. I didn't want you to see me like this," I swiped my hair out of my face.

"No need to apologize. You're okay now, that's what matters," Caleb grinned. "Now please may I have those notes?"

"Of course, let me grab them," I said.

Everything was going according to Plan, Caleb has my complete trust, the portal is getting built, I have a home, and I had everyone at their marks. Almost the perfect moment to strike.

480 words total this chapter. Stay tuned for the next one!