Chapter 38: Baby Clothes

A/n: Comic was posted last night! Yay! My Dad's B-Day is tomorrow and he's working, so that sucks... And my mom can't be with us to celebrate so that stinks too. Anyways, hope you're enjoying the story so far, hope you like today's -very short- chapter!

Caleb's POV

Over the past week or so, we've been out the door left and right. Well, more like I've been out the door left and right, buying lots and lots of Baby Clothes. We have a ton at home thanks to Catherine's Grandparents, but I insisted on buying more.

One day, Flapjack and I found the perfect mini dress for if our child would be a girl. I came bursting through the door. "Look what I bought!"

Catherine and Opal stood next to the seemingly endless pile of clothes. Catherine had a pair of pants in her hand to fold up, she turned towards me. "Caleb... another one? Don't you think that's enough now? The baby will grow out of these faster than you can blink."

"There's never enough. Not for my child," I smirked. Flapjack chirped in agreement.

Catherine sighed, "If you continue like that, we won't have any financial standing. I know you are excited and mean well but I think that's enough for now, Sweetheart."

I frowned and lowered the dress I was holding up. Catherine came up to me and caressed my cheek and took the dress off my hands. "You'll get to spend so many snails on them through the years, don't worry."

Catherine then admired the dress I had bought and her response brought a smile back on my face.

"It's pretty though, I like it," Catherine replied. "Now come on, we got a lot of clothes to fold because of you and my grandparents."

"Ok... Where to start?" I stuck a hand through the messy pile.

301 words total this chapter. Stay tuned for the next one!