twenty nine

Y/N AND MAX WERE released from questioning from the cops

y/n immediately threw her headphones back on.

y/n looked over, and she felt an arm pulling her towards the stairs.

y/n was going to protest, and pull away, but she released mike was the one that grabbed her, once they were at the stairs.

"come on." mike whispered.

"wha- no." y/n refused. "whatever you guys are doing right now, i want no part until nancy and the rest get back."

"come on." mike persuaded, still having a grip on her wrist. "it's really important."

y/n scoffed, rolling her eyes, motioning for max to come over there.

the three of them went upstairs, seeing dustin, erica, and lucas already there.

they quickly snuck out of the window, making it outside, quickly getting on the bikes, as officer callahan yelled for them.

erica slashed the police car's tires, so they couldn't catch up on them.

the six of them started biking over to eddie's trailer.

-

they found a gate at eddie's trailer, slashing the red stuff in the gate, so whatever was in the upside down can make it to the real world.

they looked down at the gate, to see nancy, robin, steve, and eddie there.

"hi there." dustin said.

"hi." all of them responded.

"holy shit, this is trippy." robin said.

-

dustin tightened the curtain, making a rope, as max and lucas got a stained mattress from eddie's room.

"those stains are uh.. i dunno what those stains are." eddie informed them.

"not quite sure how these physics are gonna work." dustin tells them. "but, uh.. here goes nothing."

dustin threw the curtain rope over the gate.

"and if my theory is correct.." dustin let go of the rope, which stood on its own.

"holy shit." max commented.

"all right, pull on it! see if it holds!" dustin instructed them.

robin pulled on the rope with all of her force, and it stayed in place.

"this is the craziest shit i've ever seen in my life." erica spoke. "and i've seen some crazy shit."

"guess i'm the guinea pig." robin remarked, as she grabbed the rope and started climbing up.

robin made it to the other side, landing on the mattress.

steve and eddie shared glances, deciding who should go next.

"all right, guess i'll go." eddie tells them, and grabs onto the rope.

eddie started climbing up, also landing to safety.

next was steve and nancy, nancy deciding she should go next.

"see you on the other side." steve smiled to nancy.

nancy slightly smiled back. "on the other side."

nancy got ahold of the rope, and grunted as she continued climbing up.

nancy eventually made it over seeing the mattress, nancy let go of the rope, thinking she was going to land to safety.

but nancy started free falling in a black void, landing on a hard surface, with vines surrounding her.

nancy got up from the ground, in pain, and looked around her.

steve, however, still in the upside down, looked over at nancy, shocked at what he was seeing.

nancy was standing there, not moving, with her eyes faded to a foggy-white color.

"nancy.." steve whispered, grabbing nancy's face, then began shaking her. "hey! hey! stay with me. nancy! hey! wake up! nancy!"

max looked up at the gate, seeing steve continuously shaking nancy.

"vecna." is all max said to them.

-

steve, was still in the upside down, as nancy was still in this trance.

"nancy, stay with me, just stay with me! okay!?" steve begged, as nancy didn't move.

"whatever you guys are doing up there, hurry up!" steve yelled to the others, on the other side.

erica ran to eddie's room, to find them searching for music still.

"steve says you need to hurry!" erica tells them.

"yeah? no shit!" y/n yelled back.

"we're trying. we can't find anything!" max said, in panic.

"seriously, what is this shit!?" mike asked eddie.

"what are you looking for?" eddie asked.

"madonna, blondie, bowie, beatles?" robin listed. "music! we need music!"

eddie snatched the tape from robin's hand. "this. is. music!"

-

nancy's eyes shot back open, to find herself where she was originally at, with the rope and steve in front of her.

nancy started falling backwards, hyperventilating, with steve catching her.

"it's okay. it's okay." steve assured, as he caressed nancy's cheek. "it's okay."

nancy felt tears coming down her face, after everything she just experienced with vecna.

-