twenty one

IT WAS NOW THEIR freshmen year

IT WAS NOW THEIR freshmen year. billy's death took a huge toll on y/n.

y/n started shutting everyone out, she didn't really talk to anyone anymore.

she hardly ever talked to max, despite the both of them living in the same house.

y/n and mike broke up, despite them keeping a relationship for a year, she broke up with him last month.

y/n swung her backpack on her shoulder, as her and max got off the bus, with y/n placing her headphones on.

"y/n." the school counselor, ms. kelley called.

y/n immediately turned around, to be face to face with ms. kelley, as she took her headphones off.

"where were you yesterday?" ms. kelley asks y/n, in a soft voice.

"oh, yeah. sorry, i forgot it was thursday." y/n apologized, as she looked away.

"well, i'd like to see you today. come straight after lunch, okay?" ms. kelley told her.

y/n nodded her head quickly, and put back on her headphones, she didn't want to talk right now.

y/n walked in the pep rally, to see mike, dustin, and max were already there.

"-look, i'm not saying that my girlfriend is better than yours." dustin compares with mike. "it's just that suzie's, like a certified genius."

"you do realize me and y/n are broken up, right?" mike reminds dustin, as y/n went to go stand in between him and max.

"and yet you still have a c in spanish." dustin adds.

mike furrowed his brows in confusion, as he turned to dustin.

"and let's hear it for your tigers!" the principal announced, then the whole basketball team started running on the gymnasium floor.

y/n spotted lucas running out with the rest of his team, with a cheerful expression on his face.

"good morning hawkins high!" jason, the basketball player says on the microphone.

"first off, hey, i'd like to thank each and every one of you." jason continued. "without your support, we wouldn't be here. give yourselves a big hand."

lucas looked over to max, and waved at her, but max just ignored him, not wanting to speak to him.

yeah, billy's death definitely took a toll on max too, she hardly ever tried speaking to anyone, except y/n.

but, y/n just always pushed max away.

"and of course, of course, i have to gives a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the tiger cheer squad." jason said. "chrissy.. chrissy, i love you babe."