ten

Y/N DIDN'T HAVE A DATE to the snowball, so she didn't know what she wanted to do

"so, we're both dateless." y/n states, as her and max sat on max's bed.

"yeah, but, we can go as friends." max reminded y/n.

"i mean, yeah." y/n agreed. "we always have that."

-

"ow, ow. that hurts." max complains to her mom.

"it's gonna be worth it. promise." max's mom assured her.

billy then appears at the door, while max's mom was playing with max's hair.

max glared at billy with a cold stare.

billy gave max an apologetic look, then walked away.

max's mom finished with max's hair.

"see? pretty." her mom compliments.

max rolls her eyes in annoyance.

-

y/n fixed up her outfit in the mirror, making sure she looked good.

y/n looked in her mirror, to see billy standing outside her door, in the reflection.

y/n turned around, to see billy with a sorry look, and then he just continued walking.

y/n rolled her eyes, and turned back to herself in the mirror.

-

dustin walked into the school dance, and made his way over to his friends, feeling more confident than ever.

"shit, what happened to you?" mike asks.

"what do you mean what happened?" dustin asks in confusion, and offense.

"what?" mike says.

"dude." lucas comments.

"your hair." max adds.

"is there a birds nest in there or something?" y/n asks.

"no! there's no bird nesting in here, asshole!" dustin defends. "i worked hard." he fluffed his hair.

then the group heard a slow song come on.

y/n and max sighed, knowing they were dateless.

"max.." lucas calls.

max turns to lucas

"hey." lucas smiles. "um, it's nice, right?"

a smile slowly started appearing on max's face, once she got the hint of what he was trying to do.

"you want to, um.." lucas continues. "you want to, like.. you know? like, just you and me?"

"are you trying to ask me to dance, stalker?" max teases.

"no, of course not." lucas lies. "unless. you want to?"

max rolls her eyes playfully. "so smooth."

max turns to y/n, to see if she would mind or not, to which y/n was just smiling at max, basically encouraging max to go for it.

"come on." max tells lucas.

max takes lucas' hand and they go out to the dance floor.

lucas smiles as max places her hands on his shoulder, and he places his hands on her waist.

"hey, zombie boy." a girl walks up to will, that the party didn't know.

"do you wanna dance?" the girl asks will.

"um.. i don't.." will stutters.

mike lightly nudges will in the arm to get him to focus.

"uh- i mean.."

mike nudges him again, harder this time.

"i mean.. i mean, yeah. sure." will replies.

the girl has a smile appear on her face. "cool." they go onto the dance floor too.

the girl places her hands onto will's shoulder as will placed his hands awkwardly on her waist.

"wish me luck, mike, and y/n. i'm going in." dustin decides as he takes a deep breath.

mike turned over to y/n, seeing her standing there.

"hey, y/n." mike spoke up, feeling his palms starting to get sweaty.

y/n turned around to face mike, him having her full attention.

"do you- do you wanna dance?" mike nervously asked y/n. "only if you want to. i mean, if you don't-"

"mike." y/n cut him off. "jesus, you don't have to be so awkward. i'd love to dance with you."

mike's face lit up, a small smile spreading across his face.

y/n smiles back, as she took mike's hand.

y/n took mike's hands, and placed his hands around her waist, then she placed her hands around his neck.

then another slow song came on, every breath you take.

mike and y/n continued dancing, swaying to the rhythm of the song.

y/n felt herself lost in his eyes, her smile faded, as she quickly leaned in towards him, pressing her lips against his.

mike was surprised, but he kissed her back, the two pulled away, both smiling at each other like idiots.

y/n smiled as they continued dancing, and rested her head on his shoulder, as they continued to dance.

-