twenty three

Y/N, MIKE, dustin, max, steve, and robin arrived at a house in the middle of nowhere

dustin rings the doorbell, but with no answer from eddie.

"eddie!" dustin calls as he banged on the door. "it's dustin! look, we just wanna talk, okay? no cops. i swear. we just wanna help."

robin started looking into the window, to maybe see eddie.

"hey guys?" max calls.

everybody walks towards max, and they see a shed in the distance.

they go towards it, and slowly open the door, twisting the knob.

"hello?" robin says as the door opened. "is anyone home?"

they shined their flashlights, exploring the place, checking around for eddie.

"what a dump." steve insults, as he looked around the place in disgust.

steve takes a oar, and starts jabbing it into a trash bag.

"what are you doing?" mike whispered to steve.

"he might be in here." steve replied, as he continued jabbing the oar into the trash bag.

"so take the tarp off!" dustin reminds steve.

"if you're so brave, you take the tarp off." steve tells him.

"look here." y/n spoke up. "someone's been here." as she pointed to the food.

"maybe he got spooked and ran." robin suggested.

"don't worry, steve will get him with his oar." dustin sarcastically jokes.

"i know you think you're being funny, henderson, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, i don't find it funny in the slight-" steve comments.

suddenly, someone grabs steve, and slams him against the wall, which turned out to be eddie.

"eddie! stop!" mike pleaded.

"eddie!" dustin yelled.

eddie turned to dustin. "it's me." dustin assures. "it's dustin. this is steve. he's not gonna hurt you, right, steve?"

"right. yeah." steve agrees.

"steve, why don't you drop the oar?" dustin basically demands.

steve hesitantly drops it, then eddie tightens his grip on steve.

"he's cool! he's cool!" dustin tells eddie, in an attempt to calm eddie down.

"i'm cool, man, i'm cool." steve repeats.

"what are you doing here?" eddie asks.

"we're looking for you." mike simply replied.

"we're here to help." robin adds.

"eddie, these are my friends." dustin introduces. "you already know mike, of course. you know robin, from band. these are my friends max and y/n. the ones that never want to play d&d."

"eddie.." dustin begins. "we're on your side. i swear on my mother. right guys?"

"yes. yes. we swear." max quickly responds.

"on- on dustin's mother." y/n adds, as she stumbled over her words.

eddie glares at steve, then angrily drops him.

eddie goes and sits down, still shaken up about whatever happened.

"eddie..." dustin begins as he sits down in front of him. "we just want to talk."

"we want to know what happened." robin says.

eddie starts to sniffle and tear up. "you won't believe me." eddie tells them.

"try us." max said quietly.

-

"her body just like, lifted into the air and, uh.. and she just like hung there, in the air." eddie continued explaining, with his voice shaking. "and her bones, uh- her bones started to snap. her eyes, man. it.. it was like there was something, like inside her head, pulling. i.. i didn't know what to do, so i.. i ran away. i left her there."

eddie then pulls himself together and scoffs. "you all think i'm crazy, right?"

"no." mike shook his head. "we don't think you're crazy."

"don't bullshit me, man!" eddie snaps. "i know how this sounds."

"we're not bullshitting you." y/n assured him.

"we believe you." robin adds.

"look," dustin began. "what i'm about to tell you might be.. a little.. difficult to take."

"okay." eddie replies.

"you know how people say hawkins is.. cursed?" dustin asked. "they're not.. way off. there's another world, a world hidden beneath hawkins. sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"like ghosts and shit?" eddie asks.

"there are some things worse than ghosts." y/n states.

"these monsters from this other world." dustin continued. "we thought they were gone. but they've come back before. and that's why we needed to find you."

"if they're back again, we need to know." max told him.

"that night, did you see anything?" robin asks.

"dark particles, maybe?" max asks.

eddie shakes his head no, not seeing any of that.

"it would almost look like dust, swirling dust." dustin explains.

"no, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh.. or touch." eddie replies. "you know, i tried to wake her, man. she couldn't move. it was like she.. she was in a trance or something."

"or under a spell." dustin says.

"a curse." steve lists.

"vecna's curse." mike realizes.

"who's vecna?" y/n asked

"an undead creature of great power." dustin replies with fear.

"a spell caster." eddie adds.

"a dark wizard."

-