twenty eight

THE NEXT DAY, they walked through the forest, looking for eddie, seeing as he wasn't at the shed near lovers lake

they heard on the news earlier, that patrick died too, his bones snapping, meaning vecna got him, a kid from lucas' basketball team.

y/n walked with mike, they walked through branches and leaves of the forest.

y/n looked over to mike, seeing him walk, with his head hung slightly low.

she glanced at him up and down, then at his face.

y/n decided to start talking, since she wanted to start talking to mike more again.

"okay, so apparently we're going this way now?" y/n ranted, starting a conversation. "i swear to god, if they get us lost.."

y/n noticed that mike was more quiet then usual though, so she stopped talking.

"hey." y/n calls, which makes mike immediately turn to y/n. "you okay?"

mike's face quickly lit up a little, by hearing y/n ask if he was alright, seeing her check up on him.

"uh, yeah." mike quickly replied. "i'm fine, just.. thinking about everything, you know? it's just weird."

"yeah." y/n agreed.

"i mean, it's.. it's like, why lucas' friend?" mike asked himself. "lucas said nothing ever really happened to him."

"but then, i remember this one day, lucas said, he.. he came to practice with a black eye. he said he fell, but lucas clearly knew he was lying." mike explained.

y/n turned to mike, staring at him as mike looked down, so he knew y/n was paying attention.

"it's like, everyone vecna targets has something in their life. something that's-" mike continued, but y/n cut him off.

"hurting them." y/n finished his sentence.

y/n thought back to all those nights she would lie in her bed at night two years ago, wishing something would happen to billy.

now, she would lie in bad at night, wishing something would happen to her.

"haunting them." y/n added.

"yeah." mike agreed, as his face softened. "i.. i didn't really know patrick, i wasn't friends with him, so it was easy to just look the other way, i guess."

mike sighed, before continuing.

"but i did know you." mike added. "and i'm sorry, that i wasn't there."

"it's not your fault." y/n admitted. "i disappeared."

"no, you didn't. i just didn't look hard enough." mike blamed himself. "but i see you now. i see you."