chapter 11: wilbur pt. 2

Wilbur crouched behind a couple of bushes as he continued to followed Quackity, Tommy, Tubbo and Fundy through the forest, when the four of them had left Pogtopia together he had gotten suspicious and decided to follow them. It was too big of a group to be something innocent they had to be planning something.

Eventually, they came to a cosy little cottage and Wilbur was surprised when Purpled answered the door, the young Alpha had recently joined Pogtopia alongside Dream so what exactly was he and the others doing? He watched as Tommy cheered and pulled the other Alpha into a hug who just laughed and gestured for all of them to come in while Tommy continued to cling to him.

“What are they up to” He muttered to himself as he went to inch closer only to stiffen up when he heard footsteps. He ducked back down behind his bushes as he watched Eret and Dream enter the clearing and his eyes widened in shock when he realized that Dream wasn’t wearing his mask and he zeroed in on the man's pretty eyes.

There was a golden ring around his pupils, he was an Omega.

Wilbur slumped back slightly as he processed this, that made so much sense! Dream wasn’t a territorial Alpha angry over having his land taken he was an overprotective Omega trying to defend his family from someone who was trying to hurt them...

“What are you doing here Wilbur?” Dream asked sharply and Wilbur’s head jerked up as he realized that Eret and Dream were standing in front of him, the Alpha’s hand was resting on his sword while Dream stared him down.

“Your an Omega” He said bluntly and Dream twitched slightly in frustration as his hand ghosted over his mask that was strapped to his side before squaring his shoulders to give off the impression of strength, though Wilbur could see the flickering of unease in his eyes.

“What of it?” He said sharply but Wilbur ignored him as his thoughts raced back to the beginning of Lmanberg.

“You weren’t trying to control us you were trying to make us pack” He muttered to himself in realization as his eyes widened, Dream hadn't tried to stop them from making Lmanberg because he didn’t want them to have power he just wanted them to be part of his family but when they threatened his existing family he couldn’t afford to play nice.

Dream’s eyes softened as he watched Wilbur have his epiphany before letting out a soft sigh and glancing at Eret who had let his hand slip away from his sword as he watched Wilbur curiously.

“You should head in, I can handle Wil” He whispered and Eret furrowed his eyebrows in concern as he turned to look at him.

“Are you sure?” He asked worriedly and Dream simply nodded, he hesitated for a moment before nodding in understanding and making his way over to the cottage.

Dream stared after him for a moment and once he was sure the king was inside he crouched down in front of Wilbur who seemed to still be lost in his own thoughts.

“Why are you here Wilbur?” He asked which snapped Wilbur out of his daze and a slightly guilty expression appeared on his face.

“I followed Quackity and the others here, all of them leaving at once like that seemed suspicious” He explained and Dream let out a tired sounding sigh.

“Your paranoia will be the death of you Wilbur” He muttered earning him an offended huff from the Alpha.

“Shut up” He snapped childishly and Dream chuckled fondly.

“Do you want to come in and have something to eat?” He offered as he stood up and held out a hand for the brunette, a thoughtful expression appeared on Wilbur’s face as he allowed Dream to help him back up. On one hand, getting something to eat sounded great, he had been so busy lately that he had been putting off eating and sleeping, but on the other, this was somewhere his son felt safe and he couldn’t take that away from him after everything he had done.

“Maybe another time” He tried to say charming which earned him a slightly displeased expression from Dream before he let out a soft understanding sigh.

“I worry about you Wilbur but I’m not going to force you, just know that my doors always open if you ever want to talk or just take a nap” He offered softly and Wilbur felt his heart warm at the kindness of the man, even after everything he had done Dream was still willing to reach out to him.

“I may just take you up on that” He said softly and Dream gave him a warm smile in return.

“Have a good night Dream” Wilbur said simply as he turned on his heel to leave.

“You as well Wilbur” Dream mumbled softly as he watched the man disappear into the woods, this was probably the most sane he had seen the man in a while maybe there was still hope for him after all he thought happily as he turned on his own heel and made his way to his cottage where the others were waiting.

Meanwhile, Wilbur bit his lip anxiously as he made his way back to Pogtopia and thought about his plans. He had been slowly rebuilding his supply of TNT and had planned on planting it beneath Lmanberg to make up for the TNT that Dream had removed, but now he wasn’t sure if he still wanted to go through with it. Would it be worth it?