chapter 4: wilbur

Fundy gripped his arms tightly as his father continued to berate him for the littlest of things like he had been doing since he joined Pogtopia. It had only been a few days since Quackity’s heat had ended and they had gone to join Pogtopia, he had wanted to support his dad and protect his home but honestly, he wished he had taken up Dream’s offer of staying at his cottage.

“Got nothing to say for yourself, traitor?” Wilbur sneered down at him and Fundy grit his teeth harshly, his dad wouldn’t even call him by his name he was just a traitor in his eyes.

“Go fuck yourself” He muttered disdainfully and Wilbur tilted his head to the side as a humourless smirk appeared on his face.

“You know better than to talk to your father like that” He said patronizingly only to take a slight step back when Fundy growled at him furiously as his eyes flashed gold.

“Your no father of mine!” He hissed angrily before spinning on his heel and storming off, he wasn’t going to take this shit any longer! Wilbur had stopped being his dad a long time ago and he should have realized that sooner. Quackity and Dream were way more fatherly towards him, hell even after his betrayal Eret cared more about him than Wilbur did. That should have been the first clue that his father wasn't who he used to be but he had been too blinded by his desperate desire to be wanted to notice, well not any longer.

Wilbur stared after his son with multiple emotions warring in his eyes before finally settling on contempt, Fundy was just throwing a temper tantrum he’d be back sooner or later.

“That was quite the fight” A voice remarked from behind him startling him quite a bit but when he whirled around and saw that it was just Dream standing there he allowed a bright smile to appear on his face.

“Just a bit of teenage rebellion, he’ll be back to apologize in a couple of hours” He said carelessly as he walked closer to the green-clad man only to blink in confusion when Dream stepped away from him.

“He’s not the one who should be apologizing” He said seriously and Wilbur continued to blink at him in confusion.

“What?” He muttered baffled and Dream let out a frustrated sigh as he shook his head tiredly.

“I heard what you were saying to him Wilbur” He revealed and Wilbur scoffed as he rolled his eyes.“I was just telling that traitor the hard truths of life” He said uncaringly as he crossed his arms while Dream growled under his breath.

“You won’t he even call him by his name!” He snapped angrily and Wilbur growled at him threateningly as his eyes flashed red which did not have the desired effect of having Dream back off.

“He’s a traitor to his home and family!” Wilbur snapped back as he stormed closer to Dream who just growled to keep him from invading his space too much.

“All he has ever done is try and make you proud of him and to have you give him an ounce of the attention you give to Tommy!” He shouted furiously and Wilbur’s eyes almost turned completely red as he ignored Dream’s warning growl and got right into his face. So consumed in his anger that he didn’t even notice the faint smell of rotten flowers, his own scent of a raging storm overpowering it by a long shot.

“Tommy is my brother!” He snapped furiously only for Dream to shove him backwards angrily.

“And Fundy is your son! Or have you conveniently forgotten that?!” Dream hissed and Wilbur glared angrily at the stupid smiley mask before taking in a deep breath as he allowed a plastic smile to appear on his, the only trace of his anger being the red glow from his eyes.

“I really don’t have the time to argue with you about such an insignificant matter when I have more important things to focus on, like the multiple stacks of TNT underneath Lmanberg” He said in a strangely giddy tone of voice as he turned on his heel and began walking away firmly believing that the conversation was over.

“I removed the TNT from underneath Lmanberg” Dream stated seriously and Wilbur stiffened up in shock.

“What?” He muttered in disbelief as he turned to back around to face Dream who crossed his arms as he stared the Alpha down.

“I should have never given it to you in the first place Wil, destroying Lmanberg won’t hurt Schlatt he doesn’t care about it he just cares about the power. The only people that will be hurt by its destruction are the people in this very cave that are fighting so hard for it and I won’t let them be hurt anymore” He tried to explain but Wilbur let out another furious growl as he got right back into Dream’s face.

“Lmanberg is my masterpiece, my symphony! I will be the one to decide what will happen to it!” He snapped angrily and he could practically feel the glare that Dream was giving him.

“Are you really so far gone that you will destroy the very thing you and so many others fought so hard for? The place your son was born? The place Tommy gave two of his lives for?!” He questioned harshly only to quickly move his head to the side when Wilbur tried to punch him in the face.

“Lives that you took from him!” He accused furiously and Dream took a deep steadying breath as he squared his shoulders, his body trembling from repressed anger.

“I am well aware of what I have done and I hate myself for it but don’t you dare act all high and mighty Wilbur, I just wanted peace but you were the one to declare me a tyrant and drag three pups into a war. Their blood is on your hands just as much as mine and don’t you ever forget that” He said in a low dangerous tone of voice that stunned Wilbur into silence, he took in another deep breath before he turned on his heel and began walking away only stopping for a moment so that he could glance back at the Alpha.

“If you try to go through with your plans Wilbur I’ll make sure it is the last thing you ever do” He threatened seriously before disappearing around the corner leaving behind a conflicted Wilbur while their secret eavesdropper slipped away with a conflicted expression on his face.