"The Storm"

sorry if this chappie is a little too short :/ It's kinda just a chapter that's there... really kinda isn't important, wait take that back it is... okay imma shut up now lol just read >>

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

I shot up in bed banging my head on the bottom of Austin's bunk.

"Ow!" God I HATE bunks. Ugh, my head. I laid back down rubbing my head trying to sooth the aching feeling. Another clap of thunder startled me making me jump, this time not hitting the bunk above me. My heart started racing and it suddenly got hot under the thin blankets. I threw the covers off, bringing my knees to my chest and covering my ears with my hands. Even with my ears covered I could still hear the storm raging outside. I whimpered squeezing my eyes shut forcing myself to go back to sleep.

"Kaitlyn. Kat. Babe open your eyes." I forced my eyes open, Austin peeking his head through my bunk. "Move over." He whispered trying to get in. I scooted over giving him enough space to get inside. As soon as he was situated I cuddled up to his chest holding onto him for dear life. Austin wrapped his arms around me trying to calm my shaking body. "Ssh.. Its okay, its just a storm. It can't hurt you, I promise. I wont let it hurt you." He rubbed my back, his grib tighting ever time I jumped from the storm outside.

I traced my hand over Austin's bare chest, tracing each and ever tattoo. My hand lingering on the large scar from his heart surgery. That was the second most scariest day of my life. I literally thought I was going to lose my brother, I couldn't trust what any of the doctors said. They lied about my mom, I wouldnt let them make me believe my brother was going to come out alive.

"Austin.."

"Hmm." His chest vibrating under my head.

"Im sorry for being a shitty sister and saying those horrible things to you. I didnt mean any of it. I was just mad and frusterated. Today was suppose to be a perfect day, but it just ended up being shit. I'm sorry I never meant any of those words I said. I know you're trying to help me and protect me, but I'm just not used to it, someone just to freely come up to me and be like, 'I wanna help you.' I'm not used to it. Usually i'll have to ask. I'm just sorry Austin." I fixed my position so my arms were crossed over his chest and my chin was resting on my hands staring up at him.

"Kat.. I know you didn't mean it. But I still blame myself for not being there for you. Not being able to protect you every day. I blame myself for the pain you have. If I had stayed home, not been in a band, you wouldn't be cutting. I just--" I interupted him.

"Austin, don't blame your self. It wasn bound to happen. Dont stress about it, bro. I-I'll make you a promise. During my time here with you, I'll get better, I'll recover. I promise that I'll let you help me, I'll get better I promise." His smile was like never before. But what killed me is if I was able to stick to that promise. Knowing if I don't I'll hurt my brother and break my promise to him. God, what have I gotten myself into?

"Kat, I'm so proud of you." He kissed the top of my head caressing my cheek. We stayed like that for a while, staring at each other. The storm raging outside making me shake.

Austin chuckled shaking his head.

"What?" My brows drew together.

"Nothing. I just never imagined my little sister to be covered in tattoos and piercings." I smiled for the first time here. "I'm going to have to get used to the new you. Its weird seeing you like this, you used to be so innocent so...clean." I chuckled at him shaking my head. "But I think I like the new you.. you look so much different with your glasses off." I gasped jumping out of the bunk. "What! Whats wrong!"

"I need to take my contacts off!" I whispere yell searching for a mirror. Spoting one in the bathroom I quickly take the contacts out with great difficulty.

"BOMB!" The loudest thunder I have ever heard, roared making my crutch to the floor whimering.

"Kat! Shh, come here. Lets get to bed." Austin guided me back to my bunk slipping in after me. Going back to our original positions I lay my head on his chest forcing my eyes shut.

"Austin, c-can you sing to me.. please."

"Sure Kit-Kat." Austin rubbed my back beginning to sing lightly. His voice calming me by the second, till I was fast asleep.  

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

soooo how was it? I thought it was cute. shows you Austin and Kaitlyn's little bond they have as bro and sis. haha! any ways next chappie up soon!

VOT COMMENT AND ALL THAT JAZZ!

bye :)

~Stars can't shine without darkness~