Chapter 21

*Kellin's POV*

I was walking on air for quite a while. I had won custody of my baby girl, and now her, Vic and I were out for a nice dinner. "Kellin." Vic suddenly said, playing with his clam linguine. "You can't exactly raise a kid in a hotel, now can you?" I sighed. "No. I have to find a place, I guess." He cleared his throat. "I mean.. you could always.. you could.. heh.." he laughed nervously and tugged on his beanie. "You two could stay with me. If you want." I choked on my steak, and Vic stood up quickly until I gestured that I was okay. I coughed it out and then looked at him. "Vic.. we've been dating what.. two weeks?" The mexican just shrugged. "We've basically been living together for years on tour. And we've been best friends for years. I didn't think it'd be weird.. I'm sorry."
Well, now I just felt bad.
"No, Vic. I appreciate it." I pretended to look thoughtful for a moment, eventually smiling at him. "I'd love to live with you."
And I meant it.
He smiled big, exposing his baby tooth. "I'm so happy." he gleamed, leaning over the table and kissing me. When he sat back down I laughed my ass off. He looked at me, confused. His tie had fallen in his linguine, and it was covered in the sauce. "Damn it!" he cursed, looking down and frantically wiping at it with his napkin. Copeland started laughing with me, making us both laugh even harder. "Forget you two." he joked, sticking his tongue out at Copeland.
We stayed at the hotel one more night and booked a flight back to San Diego for the morning.
The flight was actually quiet this time, too. We decided to sort of celebrate and get first class tickets.
When we pulled into Vic's driveway again, this time with Copeland to boot, my heart created a firework show inside my stomach. I got her out of the truck and pointed to it. "That's your new home!" I whispered excitedly, kissing her cheek. She smiled and asked me to put her down. She ran around the yard, excitedly picking flowers and loving the natural feel as much as I did. Our house in Portland just had grass and some boring hedges, so she was in heaven. "I think kids are meant to be in places like this." I said towards Vic. He smiled and scooped me up bridal style, causing me to yelp. "Gotta carry you over the threshold!" he yelled, going to the door. "Awww." I whined. "I wanted to be the guy." "My house, bitch." he chuckled. When he dropped me inside after that lovely little ceremony, he looked back outside. "Can't forget the little one!" he yelled, running back outside and grabbing Copeland. She squealed in delight. The whole sight made me feel like the luckiest guy on the planet. Vic gave Cope a piggyback ride into the house and attacked me with tickles, him setting Copeland on my chest to help as he held me down. "Stop.. AH! CUT IT OUT!" I cried, screaming with laughter. Copeland just laughed and continued until I was out of breath. "Alright Cope. Give your daddy a break." he giggled, removing her from me and planting a kiss on her cheek. She kissed him back. I literally could not take any more adorableness at this point.
We relocated to the couch, and Copeland suddenly tapped Vic. "What is it sweetie?" he asked sweetly. "What's your name?" she asked. He smiled at her. "I'm Vic." "Vicky." she giggled. Vic looked at me and chuckled. "Get used to it." I said, laughing myself. "She calls Justin Justie, Gabe Gabie, Jack Jacky, and Nick Nicky."
"Vicky it is!"