Chapter 10

The tour has ended. The bands have gone back home. Kellin and Vic haven't talked much since, but Kellin felt he couldn't go home yet, so he went to stay with Mike and Vic.

*No POV*

Kellin set his suitcase down beside the Fuentes' couch and slumped down into it. An old, petite, short blonde haired lady came rushing into the living room, followed by an equally aged stout mexican man. She ran to Vic, who had just entered and was still carrying his bags. "Hola, mama." he said, smiling and dropping his things to pull her into a hug. The old man stood behind her and smiled. Vic looked up and smiled at him. "Papa." He hugged him too. Mike was the next to enter and the same happened. Kellin sat on the couch awkwardly as this small family reunion occured. Mrs. Fuentes was the first to notice him. "Who is this?" she asked, smiling sweetly. "Oh!" Vic had nearly forgotten the dark haired white boy on his couch. "Mama, Papa, this is Kellin."
Silence.
"He was in King for a Day."
"Ohhh!" Mama and Papa Fuentes said in unison. "Sleeping with Sirens." the lady said, smiling again. "Great band you have." Mr. Fuentes chipped in. Kellin laughed. "Thanks." Mrs. Fuentes started walking towards the kitchen. "Come, come all of you! I know you're hungry!" Vic and Mike excitedly followed her. "I sure am!" Mike said happily. Vic stopped at the entrance and turned to Kellin. "Come on, Kells." Kellin shrugged. "I'm not hungry. Go spend time with your family." Vic laughed and grabbed Kellin's arm. "You're in the Fuentes house, you're family now." He said, pulling him up. "Besides, my mom's cooking is the best."

*Kellin's POV*

He was right. Vic's mom had gone all out. Burritos, tacos, enchilladas, tostadas, tamales, and even foods I've never heard of were spread across the large kitchen table. Everyone was talking and laughing happily. It made me happy to see them all together. I smiled to myself and ate in silence. "Boy, you don't say much, do you?" Papa Fuentes asked, chuckling. "Oh!" I quickly wiped the sour cream that had found its way on my chin and apologized. Mrs. Fuentes laughed. "Do you like my food, Kellin?" she handed me another napkin. I smiled. "It's great." She frowned. "I would have made more if I knew a guest was coming!" "No, this is plenty!" I replied, laughing more. Mike and Vic joined me. "Ma, you made plenty." Mike said, patting her knee.
"So, Kellin." Mrs. Fuentes said once we were finishing up. "Your tour is over, why are you not home with your family?" Vic's eyes widened and he threw me an apologetic look. "Oh.. um.. I don't have much of a family." I said, laughing softly. "And my wife and I are.. well, we're currently seperated." She looked upset. "Poor boy." she said, suddenly hugging me. "We'll be family now, okay?" she said, smiling with her sweet smile again. I tried to hold back tears I felt coming. "Thank you." I whispered.