Chapter 19

*Kellin's POV*

-Flight 425 boarding.-

That was our cue.
Vic and I grabbed our carry ons and boarded the plane to my hometown. I was shaking, but Vic's presence made me feel a bit better. We sat in third class, just because that was all that was left on such short notice. We were seated next to an old man and there were children basically surrounding us. They were obnoxiously loud. Vic sighed and rested his hand on mine. I just laid back and tried to ignore the noise around me.
Something slammed into my knees, immediately waking me up. "Ow! What the fuck!" I cried out, forgetting there were kids around. "Ooooooooo." a little blonde toothy kid said in front of me, sitting up in his seat and facing me. I realized it was his seat that had hit me. "He said a bad word." The younger blonde girl beside him punched him, making him cry.
What the hell?
I looked over at Vic, who was still napping. I closed my eyes and put in my headphones this time.
Something small and hard hit me in the face. I ripped my headphones out. "What the fuck was that?" I looked down in my lap and found a small toy car. "I swear to god." I hissed, holding the car up to the boys face. "You wake me up one more time-" someone cleared their throat next to me. I looked up to see an angry looking flight attendant. "Sir, please quiet down." she whispered, snatching the car from me and handing it to the boy. I sighed and leaned on Vic as the blonde kids in front of me giggled.
-We will be landing in Portland shortly. Please refasten your seatbelts at this time.-
Finally. I clicked on my seatbelt, ready to get off this damn thing. When I tried waking Vic he just snored softly so I buckled his for him.
We landed, and the captain announced that we could get off, so I shook Vic until he got up. "We're here?" he mumbled. "Yes." I sighed.
We got off and headed to baggage claim, and on the way I saw the little boy with his sister. I stuck my tongue out at him and he started crying, so I grabbed Vic's hand and ran. "What was that all about?" he questioned. "That kid." I panted. He laughed at me and grabbed our bags. We hailed a taxi to my place, and the ride was pretty terrifying. Vic squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead, making me smile, and I rested my head on his shoulder. The taxi driver threw us a disgusted look through the rear view mirror, but I didn't really care.
About an hour later we pulled up to my place. "This is nice." Vic said, helping me out. I paid the driver and he drove away quickly. "Dick." I muttered under my breath.
I knocked on the door, and luckily Katelynne answered quickly. "Kellin!" she cried. "I missed you so much!" She ran into my arms and hugged me. "Hey, Kate." I said sadly. "Come in!" she said, throwing Vic a look she thought I didn't see. "Katelynne." I warned. "This is my house, I paid for it. Vic is a guest and he deserves your respect." She frowned and we followed her into the large, elegant living room and sat down. She sat across from Vic and I, and I held his hand. "So why are you here? Coming to throw me out on the street?" she asked sadly. "No, Kate, no. Look, you'll get money out of the divorce, I assure you." She looked near tears. I almost didn't continue. "But.. Copeland. I want custody of her." That pushed her over the edge, and she started wailing. "Don't take everything from me!" she cried. "My husband, my money, now my daughter!" "Katelynne." I cooed, getting up and hugging her. I played with her hair in an attempt to calm her down. "It's gonna be okay. You'll see her all the time. And you still have your two boys.." She pushed me away. "I don't deserve this." She wiped her eyes carefully and fixed her hair. "You're a beautiful woman, and I know you won't have any trouble finding someone else." Vic offered. "And you'll have enough money to start new." I added. She sniffled. I threw Vic a quick glance. "We should leave." Katelynne looked up at us. "I'll uh.. I'll have my lawyer contact yours and everything.. see you later, Kate." We let ourselves out quickly. When we were outside, Vic turned to me. "You okay? That was.. quick." I sighed. "I've never seen her cry before. It was.. uncomfortable. And I almost hoped she wasn't just sad about the money, but I'm pretty sure I was right." I looked into my driveway at my little black car and then at the nice sports car I bought Katelynne. "I can't feel too bad for her, though." We hopped in my car and drove around, looking for a hotel. "We'll stay here until this blows over, I guess." I said, finding us one. Vic nodded.
We checked in and I immediately set up my workplace. I did research, made calls, and filled things out all day, setting up for this divorce.