Stranger Things/Lost Boys [Eddie Munson] pt. 3

"E-Eddie?" Your voice cracks and his expression softens. You don't know you're crying until he steps forward, hands cradling your face as his thumbs swipe the tears away.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay. We're here now."

As he rests his forehead against yours, cradling your face close to his, you reach behind you to lay the clipboard down and then wrap your arms around his waist. "What are you doing here?"

He chuckles. "Some grade A asshole made a call to Hawkins to surprisingly check in on Red and then mentioned a moody she-bat that had been hanging around."

"Billy," you grumble in realization.

"You should have called, sweetheart."

"You guys have bigger problems to worry about."

Before Eddie can retort, there's an annoyed sigh from behind him. "What am I, chopped liver?"

You pull back from Eddie and look around him, grinning when you see Steve Harrington standing there in his infamous mom stance- hands on his hips. You wetly laugh as you step away from Eddie, stepping over to hug your other friend. "Hey, Steve."

"YN." He squeezes you for a few seconds before letting you go to look you up and down. "You look good."

"Hey."

Steve rolls his eyes as he glances at Eddie. "You know I don't mean it like that."

You giggle as you move back to Eddie's side, leaning against him and just basking in the moment. You're annoyed Billy called them behind your back, but you're also kind of grateful. Seeing them soothes the ache in your chest.

"YN!" You startle at your name being shouted and lean around Eddie to stare at your coworker Frankie who's standing behind the cash register. She's grinning as she stares at you. "Why don't you go ahead and take the rest of the night off? I can hold down the fort here."

"What? No, Frankie, I'm good. My friends can keep themselves busy for a few more hours while I finish my shift. Right, guys?"

"Shit. Yeah. Sorry, sweetheart," Eddie tells you before looking over at your coworker. "We actually need to go check into a motel or something. Sorry for distracting YN."

"Don't even worry about it." Frankie smirks before she winks at you. "You've been kind of just floating on by this past month and these two boys brought out the first real smile that I've seen in a while. You go on home. You can make up the hours another night."

You blush as you see both Eddie and Steve look at you. "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay. Thanks, Frankie."

"Don't even mention it."

You tell the boys to hang on while you return the clipboard to your coworker, and she promises to clock you out at your scheduled time so your boss doesn't make a fuss. Then gathering your bag from behind the counter, you turn around to see the boys picking up duffel bags that had been set at their feet upon their entrance to the store.

"You boys ready?"

"Yeah. Lead the way," Steve says, already opening the door.

"I hope you boys don't mind a bit of a walk," you muse. "I don't have a car since, you know, wings." You chuckle as you see both boys glance at your back and then shake their heads as if clearing their minds. As you start in one direction, Eddie and Steve fall into step on either side of you. "So, how's Hawkins?"

"Still hunting the freak," Eddie mumbles just as Steve says, "Turning into the Upside Down."

Your steps falter as you quickly glance at Steve. "What?"