SOA/Mayans [Gen Fic]

When you left Charming all those years ago, you never thought you'd ever be going back. But the Chambers of Commerce reached out, asking if you'd perform for a new festival they were putting on. You were always a sucker for a good festival, especially if there was a carnival involved, and you couldn't say no. Especially since you were hit with a sudden wave of nostalgia and wanted to see a few faces you had left behind.

. .

. .

  Jax is sitting at the bar, nursing a beer after working a shift in the garage. Ever since he'd taken up the gavel, he'd worked hard to bring peace between the MC's in California, Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona. It took several grueling months of arguments and transfers of power to get it done, but eventually everyone else started to want a bit of peace for themselves. There was still plenty of illegal activity going on, but everyone was less hostile if another MC was rolling through their turf so long as they called ahead to let them know.

Nearly done with his beer, Jax's phone rings and he slides it out of his pocket. He checks the name before flipping it open to answer. "Bishop," he greets. "What's going on, brother?"

"Hola, presidente. I got a favor to ask."

"Sure. You guys runnin' some guns through or what?"

"Not that type of favor, compañero. It's actually about the festival Charming is putting on next week."

"Oh yeah? You guys heard about that down in Santo Padre?" He chugs the last of his beer, gesturing for the prospect to grab him another. "My ma's on the committee that's helping out. Everyone's losing their goddamn minds over it."

Bishop chuckles down the line. "I'm pretty sure it's the concert line-up because that's what I'm calling about. Coco's daughter Letty is obsessed with one singer that's going to perform and she would rather pay the thirty-five-dollar entrance fee to see her perform than spend hundreds of dollars on a ticket for an actual concert."

"Ah. Got it," Jax says. "You're calling ahead to see if it's alright to roll up."

"Si."

"Yeah, brother, I don't see any issue with it. We're all gonna be out there as well. My ma's pumped about one of the entertainers too."

Bishop chuckles. "We're gonna scare all your locals, presidente, with so many kuttes walking around."

It's Jax's turn to chuckle. "Nah. We'll be fine. The locals here know what's up. We keep the streets clean and their kids safe. We're fuckin' kings up here."

Bishop and Jax share another laugh before hammering out the details of who'll be making the drive up to Charming for the festival.

The festival that Charming is putting on is anything unlike Jax has ever seen. It's a four-day festival and so far, they've witnessed two of those days. The first day garnered a good size crowd since the entrance fee was free, and a twenty-dollar wristband gave unlimited access to the rides. The second day had a fifteen-dollar entrance fee since the concerts started at noon and lasted up until midnight, and all rides were a dollar each. There were numerous games, arts and crafts vendors, and food booths- food of all kinds that left the entire festival area smelling unlike the Sons had smelled before.