Season 2: Chapter 15

As the two of you entered the room a wave of silence came over the room. The eyes of everyone fell to you and Mikey.  The rush of nervousness ran through your body causing you to almost lock up. The urge to want to say something to the crowd was stuck, the words hanging in your throat. "Good evening everyone. On behalf of myself and Ms. L/N we would like to say thank you for being here. This merger will not only bring us much more prosperity but opportunities and friendships." Mikey announced, taking the words from your mouth. It was like he knew what you wanted to do but couldn't. He glanced down at you, a soft smile on his lips. You could feel your anxiety melting way as you found the courage you needed in that moment. "Yes, thank you everyone. The future for this merger will bring blessings upon blessings. We ask that you enjoy yourself with drinks, food and dancing." You added to Mikey's already perfect speech. "You froze there for a moment." He whispered. "Yes, thank you for stepping up so fast." you told him. "Anytime princess." He answered, the pet name giving you flashbacks. 

The two of you spent the night entertaining and mingling with the others. Mixing amongst both gangs, becoming aquainted with the new members of the merger and their dates. You and Mikey were now a team, and showing both of your gangs that you were strong together and worked well solidified their trust in this new adventure.People were laughing and dancing, signalling the success of this party thus far and putting the both of you at ease for the night. "I'm going to get something to drink." you told Mikey who was chatting with one of your members. "You want me to get it?" He asked. "Nah you're good. I got it." you said before removing yourself from his side to make your way to the bar. You spotted Kenji and Kaede in the corner, watching over the party. Watching over you. Making sure everything was safe and going smoothly.

 "Good evening ma'am, what can I get you?" The bartender asked you as he leaned over the bar. "A glass of pino please." You answered him. "Coming right up." The bartender said as he headed over to the stock of wines and liquor. "Well well well, if you aren't a vision." You heard from behind you. You spun around to see none other than Hanma. "What are you doing here?" You asked, disgust dripping from your words. "To enjoy the festivities, and to get a good look at you." He said as he inched closer. "You're not even part of The White Wolves Hanma. You were just my errand boy. A pet if you will. So your presence isn't needed here." You told him. Your tolerance for Hanma had slowly began to dwindle over the past few months but had finally reached a 0. The times you had spent nights with him now made you sick. You regretted what you did during such a desperate time in your life. "Here you go ma'am." the bartender announced as he placed your glass on the bar. "Thank you." You said as you picked up the glass and began walking past Hanma. "Oooohhh so mean. That's not how you really feel is it?" he said as he began following you. "Hanma leave me alone. I don't have any use for you anymore so I would like for you to leave." You said over your shoulder as you kept moving, trying to create distance between you two. You were stopped as he wrapped his long fingers around your wrist, spinning you around till you were inches from his face. He used his other hand to snake around your waist. Sending shivers down your spine. "I have plenty of uses for you though my dear." He grinned. You could see Kaede and Kenji spotting you from across the room and already heading through the crowd toward you. You quickly tossed your drink in his face, causing him to back up a few steps as he began wiping the liquid from his face. He looked back up with a crooked grin on his face, it was like he enjoyed it. As he took a step forward Mikey appeared in the space between the two of you, and without hesitation swung full force. His fist collided with Hanma's cheek, knocking him to the ground. "Don't you ever touch her again." Mikey growled, rage fuelling his words. Hanma just chuckled at him, amused. Within seconds Kenji and Kaede were at his side, yanking him up off the floor and dragging him away. "You got her?" Kaede asked Mikey. Mikey nodded as he placed a hand on your back, guiding you away from the area.