❨✿ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇✿𝓔𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 ✿❩

|Inside Shadow's Mind POV|

Shadow was just pacing in the void that was is mind, if anything he'd really wanted to see how his husband's doing, after yesterday the look on the azure hedgehog, he didn't look happy at all. Neither was himself, his daughter was a little to young to understand anything and his son, is only two days old. His ear twitches.

"Shadow...I, I don't know if you can hear me...but..."

There was a hesitation in the voice, and it sounded like someone was trying to fight back the tears, if only he could move his aching body to see who it was the voice it had to be his husband. He just holds back the tears himself, it's hard to tell what the time was in his own mind but he didn't hear any voices so it must be nighttime.

"P-Please...Shadow...I."

"I can't...continue without you..."

Shadow blinks before he hear the sobbing from Sonic, it took all the courage he could take to at least just swallow down the tears, what haven't they told him? This is just breaking his heart to hear his husband just sob out to him and he couldn't do anything about it besides just listen to him. There was a sniffle before another sound was heard that sounded like a baby, he just pinned his ears to his head that had to be his son.

"Damnit...Sonic...please don't do anything you'll regret doing..."

The sound of footsteps was all he heard, he just clinches his chest where his heart was, it was beating fast but to him it felt like it just broke into million pieces, his husband just sound so hurt and it was mentally killing him.

|End of Shadow's Mind|

|Third Person POV|

Sonic wipes the tears away from his eyes as he gets into his apartment, he rubs Jazz's head to thank her for trying to calm down the newborn, he pushes the crib bars down so he can pick Shadic up, he sits down in the chair that was in the nursery, and cradles him. "Ssh...It's okay, Mommy's here." He said gently rocking the newborn in his arms, but it wasn't helping to calm Shadic down. "Are you hungry?" He asked fumbling with the zipper on his jacket and he unzips it, Shadic only cries as he turns his head away, Sonic zips his jacket back up, he didn't know what to do, he wasn't much of a singer, since it's been maybe seventy years since he last sang, he always had Shadow sing for him, he was just better at lullabies than Sonic's feminine-ish like voice. "Okay okay..." he said to the newborn, he was gonna have to make one up on the spot.

Shadic's ears twitch when he heard Sonic's voice he whimpers as he listens to the blue hedgehog's singing voice, even tho he didn't understand what Sonic was singing but he lets out a yawn.

Sonic puts Shadic back in the crib pulling the bars back up and tucking the newborn in, he finished his song, closing the door behind him. He lets out a sigh, before opening the door to the bathroom, closing it behind him, he takes his jacket off his arm was covered in bandages, he felt so lonely without Shadow, that he just started to hurt himself to maybe at least help him get closer to seeing Shadow. He wasn't giving up on hope, after all he has to stay alive for Shadic. He just undoes the bandages to reveal the deep cuts on his arm he looks at his other arm, he takes the razor and started to cut into into his wrists it was painful but not as painful as his broken heart, he just whimpers as he did this, it was already bad enough that he hadn't been sleeping, and now he was hurting himself. He sniffs as he puts the razor down and away so Maria doesn't find it, washing the blood off of his arms he wraps both arms up in bandages.