𝑶𝒏𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝑻𝒐 𝑬𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕

Twenty Six

When I opened my eyes, I was alone. I was lying on grass and dressed with the same purple gown I wore the night I fled the place I once called home.

"Where am I?" I wondered out loud once I pulled myself up. I ran my hands on the silk sleeve of my outfit, avoiding the embroidered sigil of our house.

I must admit that even though most of the memories laced with the status of my past was awful, I miss living my life as it was.

With that in mind, I stood and began looking around. It seems I am in the middle of the woods. There were trees of various sorts around and the ground was filled with grass.

I paid less attention to the surroundings once I got the grasp of my last memory, though.

Out of instinct, I reached for the ring on my finger and felt relieved when I had proof it was still there. It means I am still married and it actually happened, untouched by this new reality I am in.

Where could he have landed, though? It would be nice if we get stuck here together. At least I know I am not going to be alone. And his company is what I need the most at the moment.

"Is anybody there?"

I followed the trail of that familiar voice and it led me to the other side of the hedge wall where Killian was.

"Killian," I greeted, trailing the path to get to him with a jog. "Oh, I am so relieved to see you."

"Me too, luv," He said, smiling a bit. "I have been looking for the others for quite a while but it seems we're the only ones here."

"That's unfortunate. I thought I'd find them with you somehow," I sighed. "By any chance, do you have any idea where we are? It might help reach out to them."

"It would if we know they ended up here in this realm too," He said, sounding quite solemn. "We're back in the Enchanted Forest."

"I feared you'd say that," I said then pointed at our outfits. As I was clad in my old clothes, he seemed to be in the same with his black pirate shirt, black pants and incredibly long black coat. Also, one of his hands is altered by a silver hook once more unlike its fixed form back in Storybrooke. His eyes are fashioned with thick eyeliner as well. "I think the question we shall be asking ourselves is 'When are we?'."

"Perhaps we shall explore to find an answer to that. Do you fancy coming with me or would you rather be by yourself, luv?"

"It's best if we pair up, Captain."

We stayed a little to check on each other and once we made sure we weren't injured and anything, we went on to venture into the woods.

I led the way as unconscious familiarity dawned upon me as we started walking. The forest was wide and the way was long but eventually, we reached the end.

Once the towering trees were no longer blocking our visions, the view of the majestic palace nearby was what our eyes feasted upon.

"Oh, bloody hell." I mumbled, stopping at my tracks.

"What's the matter, luv?" Killian asked kindly, seeing the apprehension in my eyes.

"I think I know where we are now," I said without taking my eyes off the establishment in front of us. "This is the place I was born in and raised - the Harrington Palace."

"Bloody hell indeed," Killian exclaimed. "You're the princess who ran away?"

"Yes, that was me." I confessed unceremoniously.