𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

Three

I halted the moment Howl followed me to my motorbike.

"You forgot to say anything or something?" I asked, placing the folder in the compartment under the seat.

"No, no," He shook his head, standing there in all the glory of the same outfit he was wearing the night we met. "I just want to see whether you're able to travel comfortably in your vehicle because otherwise, I'd offer to take you to your destination myself."

"That's very generous of you, but I can take care of myself just fine."

"Of course, Sheriff. I only want to help."

From a distance, a cry of help was heard, followed by strange noises like a massive blob was nearby.

I sighed. "I guess my day isn't over yet."

"Can I tag along?" He looked like he was only waiting for my permission because he was that eager to come. But whether or not I will let him, he will come anyway.

"You want to help that bad?"

"I can only hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling I know what is terrorizing the people," He mused. "I want to be there to find out if I'm wrong or not."

"You know how to defeat it if you're right?"

He nodded, taking out an invisible torn out of my heart with his affirmation.

"All right," I said, sitting on my vehicle but scooting over a little to give space on the back. "Hop in, then."

"Y-You want me to..." He pointed to himself then to the motorbike.

"Yes. If you could please hurry, that would be great. We don't have all day."

He didn't waste another second. He crossed the distance between us and sat behind me.

"Is this okay?" He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I fought my urge to blush by clearing my throat. "Just don't say anything the whole time."

He listened. We rode in silence until we entered the street where we are sure the scream originated from.

The horrified people clamouring outside a particular house confirmed our suspicion.

I parked the motorbike on the only vacant spot near the house, quite far from the nosy people still flocking outside the fences, peering inside with wide eyes and filling the place with hushed murmurs of different speculation.

With Howl on tow, I head for the gate.

The crowd parted after glancing at the badge flashing on my shirt.

"I think it would be wise if you all get back to your homes and let us investigate first. We have no idea what kind of danger lies ahead. I'm sure you don't want to get hurt." I said, unlocking the door to make way for me and my companion.

"Let the sheriff work." One said.

"Sheriff, my arse. She's no Emma Swan."

You think I'm not aware? I rolled my eyes.

"Now, now. The Sheriff is the only one capable of defeating the creatures inside. I should know. I fought them once and lost." Howl said.

"Sorry, but who the hell are you?" One skeptical man spoke.

"Oh. So sorry, I should have introduced myself first," He said, making me picture the smile on his face by the way he speaks though my back is turned to him. "My name is Howl Pendragon. Remember that."