𝑼𝒏𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏 𝑶𝒏𝒆

One

Disclaimer:
I don't own the characters from Howl's Moving Castle and Once Upon a Time (and every other fairytale stories that will unfold later on), as well as the bits of plot that is referenced or included in their original stories. Only Kalliste and her family came from my imagination as well as the main plot of the story.

Happy reading!
-kjr
***

There was a fuss at the town hall. Overlapping murmurs of opinion rang inside the four walls of the establishment where the inhabitants of New Storybrooke are huddled.

Everyone seems as if they can't keep their thoughts inside. And there I was, at the back, listening in silence as I crossed my arms and fought back my urge in getting a bit of shut eye.

Honestly, I don't really have a plan to attend this gathering today for the reason none other than I don't belong here. Except that the speaker personally paid me a visit earlier and insisted on my presence. Not having a clue what they wanted with me, because I was still too sleepy when they disturbed me many hours ago, I ended up agreeing.

It was mostly to make them stop speaking and bothering me any longer but also because it was Emma Swan, the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, and her husband Killian Jones aka Captain Hook, who went to see me. I'd be too much of a fool to turn down a simple invitation of a foolish gathering from the infamous saviours of this town themselves.

I sort of regret that now, especially because I'm about to lose a battle with my boredom. Also, I have a feeling that I will not like where Emma's speech is going.

Why? Because she keeps giving me meaningful glances though I tried hard to merge with the crowd so she won't find me.

There and then, I know that her announcement and my presence will collide in a way that I know I will not like at all.

She proved me right when she spoke again after tying her long blonde hair in a single ponytail and straightening that red leather jacket she's wearing. That gesture of hers implies one thing that everyone of us knows: what she's about to say is of vital importance.

"Guys, please. Listen to me for a second." Emma said over the microphone resting atop the podium in front of her.

The people behind her prepared for backup in case anyone dared to object or simply not follow. Those people being her parents, her husband, and the current mayor of the town - Regina Mills, and son Henry.

"What else is there for you to say, Emma?" A brave yet foolish man from the crowd said. It was probably one of the dwarfs but I didn't care enough to find out. "You just said you're retiring as the town Sheriff. That sums everything up."

I was too busy thinking about why my heart is pounding crazy as if I'm nervous about what Emma's going to say further.

"She's got a reasonable explanation, mate," Killian said sternly, progressing an inch to his wife. "Just hear her out."

The look on his handsome ruggedly bearded face screamed authority and struck a bit of horror to the crowd enough to make them silent.

"Thank you," Emma said to both the crowd and Killian. "As you all remember, I married my husband in time before the Black Fairy's curse hit Storybrooke and we had peace after that. Then, a while after, our town grew bigger as new places merged and people chose to stay here. At that span of time, when we got to have serenity around here, I had some realizations and made resolutions on what I want my life to be from then on."