Chapter 21

Jessie’s POV:

I texted our group chat and waited for their response.

Jessie: Hey, I’m ready to come get you guys whenever you’re ready.

Jules: Ok, I’ll be outside of my house.

Fritz: Me too. I’ll be in the parking lot underneath the street lamp.

Jessie: Riley? Do you want me to pick you up in a different spot?

Riley: Yea... Um... Just come get me at the end of the block. Ok?

Jessie: Sure. I’ll come get you guys now then, ok?

Jules: Ok! Let’s have fun tonight! I wanna ride everything there this time!

Fritz: I’ve never been there so I might as well try out everything.

I laughed to myself.

Jessie: First ride has to be the rolling thunder then.

Jules: Oh my god your gonna kill him if he rides that.

Jessie: Lmfao

Riley: Oh hell yea. He has to ride the rolling thunder.

Jules: Oh gosh. Fritz, pack a helmet, you’re gonna need it.

Riley: Lol.

Fritz: Lol.

I turned my phone of and sighed. I’m gonna do it today. Today’s the day. I got this. I started my car and pulled out of my driveway and drove on the road. I’ll pick up Jules first because he’s the closest, then I’ll do Riley and then Fritz. I started my drive until I pulled up near where Jules lived.

Jules’s Thoughts:

Tonight’s gonna be fun. I know it will. We’re all gonna just have fun as friends. The past is behind us and I wanna look towards our future as friends. Or lovers. If I ever can get that far. And Jessie... Gosh. Jessies probably still so lost in his mind. I wish I could just kiss him and tell him everything’s gonna be alright. Hopefully, he’s happy today. Hopefully, he’ll look past everything and be happy today. Oh, my sweet gator. How I wish I could just tell you and the other two angels how much I love you.

Jessie’s POV:

I pulled up in front of Jules’s house and saw him quickly run over towards my car from the front of his house. He ran up to the passenger door and opened it. “Heyhey.” He greeted me as he got in and sat down. “Hey.” I greeted back after he closed the door. I started the car again and we all started driving. “Jessie?” He started, “Dont... Dont think about what’s been happening with everyone lately. Ok? Just think about tonight and how much fun we’re gonna have, ok?” He told me. I sighed, “For you I’ll try too.” I told him. He gave me a smile and I continued driving. Next up was down the block from Rileys house. With his shitty dad.

Rileys Thoughts:

I’m away from my dad. He hasn’t seen my face or anything but that could change at any moment. Poor Jessie. He’s probably still so broken about hurting me. I yelled at him too. I shouldnt have. I know he’d never mean to do that and he did and I bet he’s so broken... And Poor Jules and Fritz are gonna see and break down. Gosh... I hope tonight will be ok. I just want my loves to be happy and have a fun night together.

Jessies POV:

I drove up to the end of the block and stopped the car. I waited a but and then saw Riley quickly walking over. He was looking down like he wanted to hide his face from whoever else was in the car with me. Jules turned on the light above our heads and waited for Riley to get in. Riley opened the door and got in the back, still hiding his face in fear. Jules had no hesitation to ask Riley, “Can I see?” Riley already knew he wasn’t gonna be able to hide it. He moved his hand and faced Jules. Jules immediately turned sad and broken. “Please don’t be upset...” Riley begged him. “I’m not. I’m not. It’s just...” Jules couldn’t vent finish his own sentance. “Lets just have a fun night.” Jules immediately changed his mood to spark joy in the car. We started driving again and made out way towards Fritzs apartment. I glanced back at Riley and sighed. “Did everything go good this weekend Riley?” I asked him. Jules was confused. “Yea. He wasn’t really there at all so it’s been good. He payed little no attention to me either.” Riley explained. “Who are you talking about?” Jules asked, of course. Riley just sighed. “I’ll tell you and Jules later. It’s about time I have to let you know before things get worse.” He told Jules. Jules just sat back and remained silent as we drove of to Fritz’s.