🏳️‍🌈Coming Out🏳️‍🌈 (💜Platonic Zailey💙)

Requested by: Moxlikesbananas
💮Platonic middle school Zailey fluff💮
(Pic not mine)

_________________________________________

{Zander's POV}
"What if she doesn't accept me?, What if she tells mom and Michael and they don't accept me?, What if I get hurt for it?" I kept thinking about what could happen once I tell Hailey and Luke about it. Until I heard Luke behind me.

"Hey Zander! How are you?" He asked me in the most adorable way possible.

"I-I'm good!" I said while becoming a blushing mess.

"Hey Zander! I'm back! What's up?" Hailey asked me. I was talking to her before she went to the bathroom.

"Not much but I wanted to ask you two if you could meet me at the playground after school?" I asked nervously. That's where I wanted to tell them so that if they were to hurt me I could at least run away from them to safety.

"Yeah we can go there after school. Right Luke?" Hailey said happily.

"Huh? Oh y-yeah! I can go there after school." Luke replied to me and Hailey's questions.

"Okay well I'm see you guys after school!" I replied nervously before heading to 1st period.

_________________________________________

{Zander's POV}
Throughout the rest of the day I kept thinking about all of the possibilities of what could happen when I tell the that I'm gay. It got worse when I accidentally fell asleep during lunch period.

[In Zander's dream]

"Ew! You like guys?!" Said Luke with pure disgust.

"I'm telling mommy and daddy!" Said Hailey also in disgust.

"No please don't tell them!" I screamed before Luke pushed me to the ground calling me the 'F' slur over and over while Hailey recorded it. I couldn't stop crying.

The 'F' slur eventually turned into my name which then made me wake up.

[Zander wakes up]

"Huh! What?" I asked looking around the lunch table that only had me, Hailey, and Luke. Who were both staring at me.

"Are you okay?" Hailey asked me concerned because I was sweating and also crying because of the nightmare.

I wiped my tears before answering the question. "Yea I just had a really bad nightmare."

"What was it about?" Asked Luke.

I was going to tell him but I got scared of the nightmare turning it into a reality so I didn't tell him just yet. "Nothing important." I replied.

"Okay?" Said Luke very concerned about the answer I gave him and Hailey.

"Well it's almost time to go to next period!" Hailey exclaimed cheerfully.

_________________________________________

[Later that day at the park]
{Zander's POV}
My mind and heart were racing with possibilities and emotions. I couldn't stop sweating. "What if this all goes terribly wrong?, What if they already figured it out and don't come?, What if they tell everyone in the school?, What if they hurt me in any way possible?, and what if that nightmare I had turns into reality?" My thoughts were disturbed by Hailey and Luke walking towards me.

"Hey Zander! You said you wanted to talk to us?" Hailey said happy but confused.

"Yes! I-I have something I want to tell you both." I said nervously hoping everything will work out well.

"Ok what is it?" Luke asked nervously while smiling.

His smile made me blush slightly. "Ok there's no going back Zander. You got this! Just say it!"

"I-I'm-" I couldn't speak without stuttering on my words. I hated it so much. I stopped talking for a bit until one of them spoke.

"Take your time Zander! We're in no rush to leave." Hailey reassured me for stuttering on my words,

"Yea take your time Zander!" Luke replied happily.

I looked at them with an expression of 'thank you' while trying to calm myself down. "Relax Zander. If they are supportive great! If not, that's their fault not yours!"

"I-I'm I'm gay!" I half-shouted with my eyes closed waiting for one of them to hurt me. Instead I felt a warm embrace.

"Don't worry Zander we're supportive of you! Right Luke?" Hailey asked while hugging me.

"Yea! I'd have to be supportive especially since I'm pansexual!" Luke replied while blushing.

I stood still in disbelief of what I was hearing. "I thought this would go differently." I said while wiping away my tears.

"What do you mean?" Luke asked me generally curious.

"The nightmare I had at lunch was me telling you guys and not accepting it. And I honestly thought you two wouldn't be supportive. Which is also why I didn't tell you about it at lunch." I replied now happier that I knew that they were supportive of me.

"Don't worry Zander! We're completely supportive of you!" Luke said generally happier now that I told them the truth.

"Well do you want me to tell dad and mom?" Hailey asked.

"Not yet." I answered back kindly.

"Well, since we're all here how about we go and play our instruments?" Luke asked.

"Sure sounds like a bunch of fun!" I replied.

"Well then what are we waiting for!" Hailey exclaimed happily while running to the music room.

Me and Luke ran after her. This turned out way better than I expected but it was definitely worth it!

_________________________________________

Word count: 859