chapter fourteen

kurt stirred from his sleep suddenly. he wasn't sure why. but he woke up. his soft blue gaze looked up at the ceiling for a moment.

before his gaze was grasped onto the sleeping male next to him. dave was still asleep. his body was rolled on his side. facing the lead guitarist and singer.

kurt's eyes was full of love. he knew how he felt now. he was in love with dave. but he felt scared. what if he will get hurt again?

his hand went up and brushed his calloused thumb onto dave's cheek. his heart fluttered as he noticed dave's eyes fluttered open.

kurt quickly retracted his hand. "sorry for waking you." he apologized as he placed his hand on the pillow. halfway sitting up. dave only smiled and sat up. "it's okay kurt. don't worry about that."

"how are you feeling?" dave asked as he looked into kurt's eyes. kurt grunted as he slumped himself back into the warmth of blankets.

"my stomach aches a little." kurt shakily admitted. dave sighed as he snaked his hand under the blanket.

his hand grazed under the fabric of kurt's shirt. kurt felt a sudden rush of blush rise to his face. dave added a bit of pressure as he started to rub kurt's stomach.

"im sorry, kurty. i wish i can do something to help you." dave says as he continued to soothe and rub the others stomach.

kurt closed his eyes for a moment before opening them. "this is helping me, actually.." he confessed as he looked up at dave. the two males make eye contact.

"really?" dave asks as he started to rub kurt's stomach in slow and gentle circular movements.

kurt nodded. "mhm." he hummed out as he blinked in relaxation. dave couldn't help but smile.

but their moment was ruined by a sudden phone call. it was kurt's phone. dave moved his hand away as kurt grunted.

the blonde ran his hand into his hair as he fully sat up in his bed and grabbed his boxed phone.

he answered it and brought it to his ear. not having a clue who would be calling him in the middle of the night.

"hello?" kurt spoke into the phone. dave watches as kurt's facial expression quickly changed to fear.

dave knitted his dark colored eyebrows together as he cocked his head to the side. seemingly to notice the blondes reaction to who was on the other line of the phone call.

"what..?" kurt spoke into his phone. his voice slowly became frail and afraid. "courtney? i said we were done.."

dave balled his hands up into fists. his jaw suddenly clenched as anger started to rise up into his chest. he needed to know what she was saying.

"what..? n-no! court, you can't do that." kurt says as he gets out of his bed. walking to his dresser as he grabs out his signature flannel, a shirt and his jeans. his phone resting against his shoulder as he had his head tilted to the side.

dave got out of the bed and went over to the window. giving kurt some privacy so he can change. his eyes widen when he noticed courtney was walking up to the house.

kurt tried to object and say no but courtney didn't listen and the phone call went dead.

the guitarist got dressed and trotted down the stairs. he needed to change those pajamas. he has been wearing them for a few days anyway.

dave seemed to notice the disappearance of kurt as he quickly left the bedroom.

hearing the familiar voice of a woman shouting.

"kurt cobain! i said that i was going to come back!" she shouts. dave felt this wave of protectiveness wash over him as he went over and stood in front of kurt.

dave had to protect him.