chapter twelve

kurt blinked his exhausted eyes. his body slumping in a laying position on the couch. "im sorry." he apologized again.

krist shakes his head. "why." he asked in disappointment. dave glared at krist before he started to rub kurt's back.

"why..?" dave repeated the question in a much calmer yet sad tone of voice. "because.." kurt began, then felt his voice crack.

"because i needed to cope." he says, his facial expression imediantly changed to a complete emotionless one. his emotions changed so quick it shocked dave and krist.

he remained laying on his side. laying on the couch. dave sighed. "this ain't good for you, kurt. that drug can kill you."

kurt fell quiet. he suddenly felt sick. dave seemed to realize this as he placed his hand onto the ill males forehead.

"oh shit, you're burning up. krist go get him some ibuprofen.." dave quaked as he gently moved some of kurt's hair out of his face.

krist stood up and checked kurt's temperature before nodding. he walked off to get the ibuprofen.

dave ran his hand up into kurt's hair and started to twirl it with his fingers. "that was your last one, right? you don't have anymore..?"

kurt shakes his head as krist returned into the room. "i don't have anymore."he says as he takes the pain killer from krist.

he shoved it in his mouth and swallowed harshly. forgetting about the glass of water that krist brought.

"you should drink the water too." krist says as he handed kurt the glass. kurt objected for a moment. before sighing in defeat and chugging the glass.

once he finished, he returned it back to krist and laid back on the couch. krist walks off to the kitchen to put the glass away.

while dave started to rub kurt's back. "how are you feeling..?" dave muttered out the question as he looked at kurt with worry.

"exhausted." kurt mumbled as his eyes fluttered shut. dave sighed as he nodded. "please don't do this again." dave says as his voice suddenly cracked.

"mm..?" kurt opened his eyes and turned his attention to dave. krist walked back into the room and sat on the chair watching the two with worry and concern.

dave felt tears roll down his face. "just, don't. it can kill you." he croaked out as he held kurt close. he felt so much worry for his grunge crush he couldn't help it.

kurt heard dave start to cry. his heart starting to ache. he didn't mean to make dave cry.

the grunge singer brought dave into a hug. dave sniffled as he returned the hug. krist couldn't help it but walk over and hug the two of them as well.

all three band members of nirvana hugging each other now. kurt couldn't help but break down into tears.

"im sorry for worrying you both.." kurt mumbled as he pulled back. he wiped his puffy eyes. "fuck, i shouldn't be crying right now.."

"no, its perfectly fine to cry." dave replied as he sniffled. krist wiped his own eyes as they both smiled softly at kurt.

kurt nodded as he pecked dave's cheek. his head slumping back down and laying on dave's shoulder.

dave's stomach twisted with butterflies. his crush, kissed his cheek. deciding to keep his excitement down – he wrapped his arm around the blonde.

he laid his head on top of kurt's as a smile rises to his face. krist watched the whole thing and glanced at dave. knowing exactly what was going on.

dave gave the silent eye to krist. mentally telling him to shut up which caused krist to chuckle softly.

"well, im gonna head out." krist says as he gets out of the chair. "dave, you want to stay with kurt or do you want me to take you home?" he asked.

"i'll stay here with shit stain." dave replied as he rubbed kurt's shoulder. a genuine laughter left out of kurt's lips.

he already was starting to feel better.

dave felt his heart flutter when he heard kurt's laughter. he thought it was adorable. especially how soft it is.

krist nodded. "alright, bye you two." he says as he waved. walking off to the front door and leaving kurt's home.

the sound of a car speeding off was heard for a moment before it turned quiet once again. it was dark and cold outside.

dave and kurt look at each other. eyes reflecting love for each other. kurt knew it now. he has fallen for dave.

his blue eyes widen in realization as he quickly turned his head. his face a slight rosy color.

"you okay?" dave asks as he moved some of kurt's locks out of his face.

"y-yeah, just a little sick." kurt muttered out in reply.