chapter seventeen

dave sniffled as he nodded. "always. always your savior. never leave me." he replied as he held onto kurt's hands.

a small smile slowly tugged onto kurt's lips. "i wont.. i'm sorry for scaring you." he replied as he leaned in.

their foreheads gently pressed together. dave felt his cheeks warm up along with kurt's.

dave couldn't help it. he was so deep in love. yet was so oblivious that kurt felt the same way towards him.

"that was so terrifying." dave admitted as he brought kurt into another hug. he couldn't help it. he was still shaken up.

"im sorry." kurt apologized again but dave shakes his head. "stop. im just glad i could stop you before it's too late." he replied as he placed his forehead against kurt's once again.

they remained standing up now. together next to the train tracks.

kurt's teary eyes looked at the tracks for a moment before his head was turned by dave's fingers that were suddenly pressed against his stubbled chin.

"dont look there. look at me." dave says as his hands slowly went up and held onto kurt's face.

"all i need.. is you." dave confessed. the intense sorrow of love and sadness rested in their gazes for each other.

kurt couldn't speak. his throat was stiff. his cheeks were warm. he just felt safe now. now that his savior was here to protect him.

"i dont want an angel like you to go away." dave continued on as he brushed his thumb on kurt's cheek. "i need this angel to stay here. stay here with me on this cold world. dont go to heaven just yet. just us. just with me and krist. just for our band. for, me."

kurt felt sudden hot tears rolled down his face. he nodded slowly. as a small sob escaped his lips.

"you aren't alone with this. i'm here for you. i will always be here for you. kurt, you mean everything to me. don't ever leave me. please. I need you."

kurt broke down into tears as he nodded rapidly in a panic. he was scared. "im sor–" dave cut him off. "no, don't apologize. just listen to me."

kurt fell quiet and nodded. dave stared deep into kurt's blue pained eyes.

"you're not alone. we all have days where we struggle with ourselves. but i promise you, it's going to be okay. honey, you will be alright. do what you love, write, make art. hang out with me and krist. just, whatever you do – don't go. don't leave this world yet. you're too young. you're only twenty four years old. much too young to die. you still have plenty of years. please live them with me. please." dave says as he leaned his head downwards.

he placed his forehead against kurt's as he kissed kurt's nose softly. helpless tears streamed down dave and kurt's face.

"okay, i-i'll stay." kurt whispered onto dave's lips. his own chapped lips trembled as he bit them to hold back a sob.

dave felt a sense of relief wash over him as he wrapped his arms around kurt's waist. "good.. that's good." he muttered.

both of them looked into each other's eyes. a intense look of love with them. reflecting like a mirror at each other.

their hearts pounding in their chests. their clothes slightly damped by the rain that have stopped. but they didn't care. they only cared about this moment with each other.

kurt smiled a bit as he moved his head back. "can..we take a walk on the tracts?" he asked with a strong wave of hesitance.

dave bit his lip as he shakes his head. "lets go to the bridge instead. okay..? i have something i need to tell you." he replied. he didn't want kurt on those tracts again.

"okay.." kurt spoke softly as they started to walk to the bridge together.